News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wear it for the comfort...

Started by Capt. Morgan, May 28, 2008, 07:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Morgan

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Marietta Graziella

OK, just spent almost an hour watching those hilarious videos. 

Hey Deadbishop... didn't see yours yet...  uh, your utilikilt mockumercial that is.   

Whew, that was almost a Wench mouth.  I did hang out with her quite a bit this past weekend. :D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Cobaltblu

When something looks goofy and silly...do not fear...just make commercials to tell men that women are incredibly turned on by it.

Somehow I don't think advertising is going to help this time.

Actually the leather version wouldn't be half bad for a renaissance faire if they took out the two back pockets.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Lady Ann of Draycott

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

LadyOren

I actually saw a gent wearing a utility kilt at Mayfaire, it was made of a heavy canvas cloth like Carharts uses for their gear, he looked quite comfy in it.  Now to only get my DH to wear one....oh to dream
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

MacLaren

If only "modern" society could accept or even understand a kilt and its history! I understand that a number of the American Founding Fathers wore their clan's tartans at the Declaration's signing. Half of them were of Scottish descent, after all.

I wore mine to the office just yesterday; full of women, mind you, and the first question you all know already. It's unspeakable how little people know about history and heritage in this country! Most of us have some sort of Celtic blood in us, and we should celebrate it at every chance!

I loved the videos; they hi-lite the spirit of the true Celt, and the fun we can have with ourselves, and especially others! Damn the stereotypes, and on with the traditions of true and REAL men!!!

JMO,
Dan
Clan MacLaren
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Eoghan

I love my AmeriKilt and wear it quite often around town. Sadly I can't afford UtiliKilts but I love the "commercials."

Just say no to pants!

mellingera

No, to pants!!!  ;D
More men should wear them so more women (like me) can see them!

Dev

Quote from: mellingera on May 29, 2008, 10:49:21 PM
No, to pants!!!  ;D
Yes yes!  They always complain of women being able to flaunt their boobs.  While kilts don't exactly show anything, there's always wind...and girls with sticks.

DT_Masters

Long, long ago, at a foreign air base that had American and English pilots, one of our scout masters wore his kilt to a meeting. As all us scouts were sitting on the deck, he squated to come down to our level but after a few seconds, realized that that was just not going to work, so he had to return to addressing us from a high.

Dev

Quote from: DT_Masters on May 31, 2008, 11:44:13 PM
Long, long ago, at a foreign air base that had American and English pilots, one of our scout masters wore his kilt to a meeting. As all us scouts were sitting on the deck, he squated to come down to our level but afte a few seconds, realized that that was just not going to work, so he had to return to addressing us from a high.
My friend's parents took him to renfests and rented kilts.  They had to remind him constantly to keep his legs closed  ;D

renren

Quote from: Dev on May 31, 2008, 11:36:44 PM
No, to pants!!!  ;D
Yes yes!  They always complain of women being able to flaunt their boobs.  While kilts don't exactly show anything, there's always wind...and girls with sticks.
Or little mirrors, glued to your shoes! ;)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

MacLaren

Quote from: renren on June 01, 2008, 12:29:35 AM
No, to pants!!!  ;D

As is said..."Nice girls ask, naughty girls find out for themselves!"

I was at a local bar last night, and got "the question" a couple of times. Hey, I'm not bashful, but I do love to keep 'em wondering!

Huzzah to REAL MEN that have the need for extra room!

Dan
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Margaret

Quote from: renren on June 01, 2008, 12:29:35 AM
No, to pants!!!  ;D

And leafblowers!!  Don't forget the leafblowers!!   ;D
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

LadyStitch

My husband got a kilt last fall.  The first time he wore it was for a formal function for work.  It was funny seeing him trying to figure out how to get out of limo with it.  Also he figured out why all the ladies avoided one area of the hallway, he discovered the cold updrafts  :D

The next time he wore it was for New Years eve. There he discovered why you ALWAYS wear underwear when you don't have a sporran.  :o

Since then it has become his favorite item to wear.  And yes he still gets asked "The question".  Then again I'm the one going around with blue ribbons in my hair  ;)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.