News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renspace

Started by The Lady Mercedes, April 09, 2010, 04:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lord Clisto of York

Damn... mine is now down too.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

LadyShadow

Signed petition and posted to FB.  Hopefully people there will jump on as well and sign and help out the cause.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

The Lady Mercedes

The site is now officially down...RIP Renspace :(
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

renfairephotog

Just tried it and got a geociites site. Geo-cities has been gone for months.
Fairy photographer

Feline Groovy

Sad.  I'm glad this thread has been here or I would never have had any idea RS was going away -- never did see a message about it closing, even when I went specifically looking for it after seeing mention of it here.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. 
Where was I going and how do I get there?

renfairephotog

Back to getting the Name Secure page holder or Sorry we're unable to find this address, But not geocitites notice like yesterday.
Fairy photographer

Sir William Marcus

Strange. I just clicked on it and a "This Site Is Under Construction and Coming Soon" display comes up.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

The Lady Mercedes

Same here...I just deleted my link from my faves...

groomporter

There's a similar Medieval themed site that started later called http://shirespace.com but last I heard I think the owner was looking for someone else to take it over.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

BubbleWright

Got the following email this morning... Renspace is back........ ;D ;D ;D

QuoteSorry for the note, but we wanted to let you know that after a week or so (since the 24th actually) of wrangling www.RenSpace.com is back on the air once again. Everything is still intact and in place as it was before. It has gotten to the point however that it's a good time to ask if there's a good time to see what the RenSpace community would like to do moving forward. The current incarnation of the site exists at a service called OneSite and it's a hosted service that's fairly closed and not able to be expanded/improved upon, we know there's been growing pains over the years with speed and new functionality which has kept the network from being as useful/convenient as might have been hoped.

So there's a few choices before us – we leave it all as it is in its current form and enjoy it as is. We move to a new network one that users/admins from the community could help build and expand on – but would require people to migrate whatever photos/posts/etc that exist on the old site to the new one (we would leave the old onsite up for a time so people could move things over to the new network) – however we would pre-load all current users/user names into the new network to preserve people's namespaces. Or we close up RenSpace and all migrate off to facebook and points beyond. Again we want to apologize for the outage over the past week or so and any inconvenience and annoyances it might have caused. Please let us know what you think, any additional ideas/suggestions you might have – this space is after all meant to be Your Network for the Ren community.

Best regards, Bill
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

LadyShadow

Oh great news.  I hope it does come back with a vengeance and become what it was and better.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

renfairephotog

Good news I got the email myself. I hope they find a better network.
Fairy photographer

Lord Clisto of York

I never got it. Who do we write to and to what address with opinions?
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

The Lady Mercedes

This is indeed great news! Thanks for the update-it's saved once again. Lets hope it stays up this time!