News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is the #1 benefit that you get from a Renaissance Faire?

Started by DonaCatalina, April 19, 2010, 12:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

I'm just there for the Loki...  :P

I also sell real estate on the moon, if anyone is interested.  ;D  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Gregory

For me it's like being able to be a kid again.  You get to dress up and have fun and leave your mundane responsibilities at the gate (with the exception of the littles, if you bring them.  Too many people seem to forget that).  I don't view my time at faire as an escape from life, but more of being with likeminded people who enjoy the same things as I.  Being with such people and in the atmosphere, I tend to be immersed in the moment, as if time stands still, and not think of everyday things, so it is definitely energizing and refreshes me for when I do step back into reality.   Plus I love the shops, music, shows and plain old inreracting with people of all kinds.  Something about faire brings out the best in most people.  Oh, and the loki ain't bad either.

Celtic_Fae

For me? Oh, probably just the most defining moments in my short life to date  :) : my first kiss, getting to travel with a Ren band, getting to volunteer/work with several different vendors/entertainers, getting to spend my prom night with people I actually liked at a cast party, getting exposed to an entirely different way of life, lifelong friends, getting a crash course in business management, getting to assist in producing multiple CDs, camping on Padre Island, getting to battle (and survive!) myriad different combinations of weather phenomena...to sum it up: many good experiences, both past, present, and future. <3 I often look back on my FL faire memories fondly.

adamfifer

I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN

EmbyrretheFae

I get to express a side of myself no one gets to see most of the time ;)
"Because I can" ;)

thebog1984

The immersion into the culture, as it were. Absolutely love the costumes and language. If I could time-travel, I'd have lived in the Renaissance Period.

Craigmeister

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rosie Nell

Its a lot of things for me, but mostly its a feeling of community, belonging and friendship.
Texas Renaissance Festivals one and only Cage Lady.

DonaCatalina

Do you find that at non-renaissance festivals you zero in on anyone in grab?
I was amazed at the number of people I saw in garb at NTIF who I don't ever remember seeing at Scarborough Faire.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Godric

For me, I'd say read any of the above comments.... So many reasons to love it.