News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

BARF 2011 dates!

Started by Kate, April 27, 2010, 06:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

Quote from: Peddlin on May 12, 2010, 08:15:20 AM
Okay, I need to say something, here, and then I will bow out. Anna, apparently I owe you an apology, and I would like to say that I am very sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities. I have a tendency to believe that there is nothing so bad that you can't find some way to laugh at it, and there are some things so bad that you have to. As we have never met, it certainly was not on any kind of personal vendetta against you. I just saw a situation that seemed so ludicrous, and became so blown out of proportion, that it made everyone uncomfortable. And when something makes me uncomfortable, I personally have a tendency to respond with humor. I am so sorry that my reaction hurt your feelings, and believe me that was never my intent. As I said, we have never met, so I certainly have nothing against you. Actually, I think that, if we ever did meet, I would probably like you very much, but somehow, I don't think you would be terribly receptive to that idea, and that is all right, too.

Anyway, I am not trying to start anything here. I am trying to finish it. I think that everyone has suffered enough over the quiche, which was delicious, by the way. Obviously, my sense of humor and I overstepped our bounds, but Anna, you do have my sincere apologies, and now, I hope we can let the subject rest. It is so yesterday, and I'm sure that everyone has much more important issues in their lives to concern themselves with. I wish you nothing but the best.

Peddlin

I'll drop this in a sec, but I do want to address your thoughts Peddlin, and I do appreciate your giving them here. I like things nice and out in the open so long as it's civil.

No we've not met, and you are very wrong that I'd not be receptive to meeting you. I've heard nice things about you from mutual friends. I do get the humor here, I have a large one myself.  I don't know, perhaps had I been to faire that morning I'd have been offered a pin as well, and perhaps I should lighten up a bit and just laugh it off. I do get how rediculous we all acted. I just feel that a pin to commemorate the unhappy event never allows the situation to really heal.

Well, anyway, appreciate your thoughts and I apologise for assuming it was something meant to be slightly unpleasant.

Apologies for the thread jack all, but this thread has it's own mind anyway at this point. Subject now dropped.

Anna Iram

Whoops, Sorry there WW. I hid you Quiche post with my new page. I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to try the Quiche as I heard it was good and I do like Quiche when it's made well. Maybe next year

Welsh Wench

Oh, please, by all means, don't fret yourself over it.  

So, Kate---I think a trip to New Orleans would do us a world of good!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

Well...I wasn't crying into my pillow.  :D

Peddlin

Thank you, Anna, and I assure you that you would have been offered the first pin.

;)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Ambrosine

new orleans?? what is this talk of new orleans??
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Peddlin

And Wenchie -

I'm considering taking a week of timeshare in New Orleans. Maybe we should call for a gathering?
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Welsh Wench

Oh, the opportunity to see Lairde loose in the Quarter?
Can I possibly pass that up?  ;D

Hibernian

Quote from: Welsh Wench on May 12, 2010, 09:24:08 AM
Oh, the opportunity to see Lairde loose in the Quarter?
Can I possibly pass that up?  ;D

"Be afraid, be very afraid..."
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Captain Jack Wolfe

New Orleans?  I know a great place to get red paint!  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Welsh Wench

Doing a little tomb-graffiti?
Meet you at midnight with the absinthe!

And the day-old beignets.  :D

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Kate

*Screams at the top of her lungs*

Ahh, much better.

New Orleans? Yes!  I think our lovely group could cause a WORLD of trouble wandering down Bourbon Street.... 

Actually, this thought kind of terrifies me.  M'Cracks, Harbingers, BARFers... Dear God, we could just call our trip Katrina Part Deux because the damage would most likely be substantial!

Kate
Pink'n Penny

Kate

Assuming things are the same as this year, Shamrocks and Shenannigan's weekend should be March 12-13...

So, who's gonna be there?  Will this be our St. Molden's/M'Crack Invasion weekend?

Let's get to planning instead of making everyone want to throw their computer monitor at the wall (...oh, that was just me, then?)....
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Welsh Wench

*raises hand*

Seamus and I will organize tailgate again!
Nice of me to volunteer Seamus.  ;)

Wonder if I can keep beignets warm...