News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Would 1st time visit to TRF+Camping=Total Insanity?

Started by SandrineDeLaTombe, May 04, 2010, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Virgo

I say camp.  It's such a great time.  Extreme!!!
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Bonny Pearl

Sandrine,  you and your hubby are more than welcome to camp with our clan, McLotofus.  There are three weekends McLot is in full camp mode, Opening, Hallows and Closing.  The inbetween weekends; there are still quite a few of us, we just may not be in the exact same spot, but close to it.

To answer your question about parking.  You are able to have your car next to your tent and the faire does not permit campers to park in the designated parking lot next to the campgrounds.  We and others use vehicles more or less to make exterior borders and so on.

Kehle!  You had better make yourself know to us this time lol!  ;D  Be sure to let us know when you plan to camp this year and please join us.

To both Kehle and Sandrine:  Send me a note on here if you would like more detail about how our camp runs and of course you are both welcome to sign up on our forum: www. mclotofus. com/ forums!  :D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Pat McGroin

I must have to agree with all when saying camp, besides when you camp you are only a few minutes from your tent.
If you do the Hotel thing, you will have to sit in the parking lot waiting for a slot to get your car out in line and then it
is bumper to bumper, stop and go far a long time.  That's just my two cents on the subject. Like someone said earlier
there are a lot of places to camp that you can remain shy if you choose to do so.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

Bonny Pearl

Merlin................................................................

If you don't camp................I will be extremely dissapointed.......................  >:(  ;)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

escherblacksmith

--

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: blue66669 on May 05, 2010, 10:14:28 AM
Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on May 05, 2010, 07:51:11 AM
social masturbation...

Ok, someone's been listening to me a tad too much LOL....

That seemed to be your favorite phrase, last year... and it fit.  ;D

*See.. it's that "legend" thing Blueski... people start quoting you and next thing you know, *TA DA* it's a catch phrase*
:D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

SandrineDeLaTombe

Thanks for the notes, everyone. My sweetie's birthday is at the end of October, so we're thinking either of the last two weekends of October might be a good one to get out of town for a few days. I'd love to have a group to camp with, for the whole 'safety in numbers' idea. We're generally quiet and easy to manage if the McLotofus clan wants to adopt us. :)

I'm going to check out the McLotofus forums. Oh, and I'm trying my hand at making loki as well. If all goes well, I'll have a batch or two ready just in time for faire.
I aim to misbehave

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Woot!  Welcome to the throng!  Watch out for Nasty MacHaggis... he bites.  *camp pitbull in human form*  :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

Goodness gracious Fraser don't scare the lass off already lol!

Sandrine, you are good to go on the forums so sign in, introduce yourself to the clan and browse around. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Awww, Nasty isn't too bad... well.... hold on, let me think about it...hmmmm..... no, he isn't that bad.  ;D

*I have to be nice.. he's my brother*  ;D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

SandrineDeLaTombe

Thanks, Bonny!  Look forward to chatting with everyone more!
I aim to misbehave

Rapier Half-Wit

Bad, as in outside of arms reach and standing up wind? No, he's great! hehehe  jk :D

Not nearly as annoying as that little ankle biter, Mouse. Where is that boy at?
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Breandan

dunno, think he may have been buried under swatches.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Pattycakes

Don't worry about not knowing anyone out there just yet. It won't take long for you to feel comfortable. I don' t really have any faire friends as well. I usually just go to the faires with my husband and kids. But, this year my husband and I have decided that we are going to go to a few weekends by ourselves and finally start to get to know others that are there. We have camped every year since 2006 and still have not gotten to meet anyone. But, this years different. And I hope to make your acquaintance as well. So, enjoy the fest when you go and yes the camping is sooo much fun!! ;D
Patty
IWG #3749
Member of Local 13
"Not all who wander are lost"