News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Congratulations CORF; our next Rendezvous for 2011!

Started by DeadBishop, May 10, 2010, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Well, it takes a lot to change the mountains... although I'm not sure that a full scale R/F invasion couldn't accomplish exactly that!  :D 

We'll make it a point to find at least one of you when we're there, though, who will hopefully know how to find the other, and we can all... well, probably just have time to say hi before rushing off to whatever the next activity will be...  LOL  But pubsing, definitely!!!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

iain robb

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 21, 2010, 01:16:23 AM
Well, it takes a lot to change the mountains... although I'm not sure that a full scale R/F invasion couldn't accomplish exactly that!  :D 

You'll get an opportunity to test that theory soon. Lord Jarhead is on his way on a scouting mission, and he's a full-scale invasion all on his own.

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 21, 2010, 01:16:23 AMWe'll make it a point to find at least one of you when we're there, though, who will hopefully know how to find the other, and we can all... well, probably just have time to say hi before rushing off to whatever the next activity will be...  LOL  But pubsing, definitely!!!  ;)

I certainly hope to make the time to meet more people this next time. I spent too much of Saturday gawking last RenDezvous, and so many people were gone Sunday, that I didn't meet nearly as many of you as I would have liked.

Sir LJ

Quote from: iain robb on May 21, 2010, 06:31:11 AM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 21, 2010, 01:16:23 AM

You'll get an opportunity to test that theory soon. Lord Jarhead is on his way on a scouting mission, and he's a full-scale invasion all on his own.

What? What did I do?

Ok, so questions.

1) Piece-tied weapons ok?
2) Typical weather mid June?
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Zoë

1) Peace-tied weapons are fine.
2) Typical weather is there is no typical weather...chances are temps will be anywhere from 50-95, possibility for rain, hail, snow...
(really though, what is possible to happen is there will be cooler temps in the morning, sunshine throughout the day raising the temperature to the mid-80s, and it might possibly rain sometime after 2pm but will clear up before closing cannon...that seems to be the "average" day, but you really never know.  I would pack a cloak and leave it in the car; you can always run and get it if you need it.)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Zoë on May 21, 2010, 10:45:52 AM
1) Peace-tied weapons are fine.
2) Typical weather is there is no typical weather...chances are temps will be anywhere from 50-95, possibility for rain, hail, snow...
(really though, what is possible to happen is there will be cooler temps in the morning, sunshine throughout the day raising the temperature to the mid-80s, and it might possibly rain sometime after 2pm but will clear up before closing cannon...that seems to be the "average" day, but you really never know.  I would pack a cloak and leave it in the car; you can always run and get it if you need it.)
and if you don't peace tie (zip tie) it yourself, they will put one on for you at the gate.  a really big ugly obvious white one.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Sir LJ

Don't own a cape. Pubs serving anti-freeze work best!

I use the 3 Cs when peace-tieing / Camouflage - Cover - Concealment but it is very well tied.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Lord Jarhead on May 21, 2010, 12:07:43 PM
Don't own a cape. Pubs serving anti-freeze work best!

Lucky for you, you can get one there.   :D  cuz the booze don't keep the rain off..... the shops that sell t-shirts also have emergency rain ponchos.  ooorrr... you can stand under the eve's at Zoe's booth till it passes.   you could stand under Deme's eve's too..... but you'll be standing in 3" of water.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

Dont forget the ever fashionable black trash bag lol. We always have a crowd in my shop during rains, it always cracks me up when there are one or two that make a run to the pub nextdoor

Blushing

Besides, it can be fun to play in the rain.  However, I recommend that if you do so, separate yourself from metal objects.   ;D

And I'll have at least one extra cloak on hand ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Sir LJ

The armor has been through the rain and even a monsoon (well close enough) that is usually Saturdays Uniform of the Day! Sunday - Kilt or the new Leather Duster / Aragorn (work in progress) look. Either of the choices I only get soggy and do not melt in the rain!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Sir LJ

Oh and the map I shall draw up is very simple - Pubs, Privies and the distances between them! Using the Keep It Simple Stupid acronym of K.I.S.S.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
(Must bring crayons)
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Pubs... Centrally located Pirates on the east end, Dancing Bar (Only open during Beer and Wine Tasteing) Central/West end. And at the bottom of the hill next to the jousting

Privies down the hill in both directions from Pirates Pub and up the hill behind Zoe's pop stand. And then right next to the Elephants and by the front gate outside. And another that I always forget about near Puke and Snot at the top of the hill.

Map http://www.coloradorenaissance.com/Map.pdf
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Sir LJ

So only 2.5 pubs? I say 2.5 cause 1 is only open during Beer and Wine Tasting.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Francisco Paula

you have the pirates pub and 5 others spots to get ale.......there is a total of 5 privies some are porta a couple are permanent ones.

Sir LJ

Thanks The PTB! Multiple targets to paint for next year! LOL!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ