News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please help me decide! First time buying a costume for the festival!

Started by Gislaine Peters, May 19, 2010, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gislaine Peters

I wanna make sure my costume is right! Which one looks the most Renaissance?

Amyj

I have seen all three at my local faire...I would say pick the one that you feel most comfortable in (and imagine it in 50 degrees or below, 80 degrees and up, pouring rain or high humidity).  My personal favorite is the green one, I like the drapy look of it.
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

Jessi

Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Lady L

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Gislaine Peters

Thank you everyone! Black and yellow it is! I love the detail and it does look more tribal. Plus its the cheaper one. haha!

Amyj

Awesome!!!  (Black and gold was a close second for me...really kind of a tie with the green  ;) )  Have fun wearing it and of course getting all the cool accessories and bling and more garb and...and...and....   ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Gislaine Peters

Thanks! I'm so excited! The festival can't come fast enough!

sealion

Have you considered buying your clothing AT the faire? There are several shops that sell long full skirts and at least one that sells bra tops. You'll be able to look around at what people are wearing before you decide what you woud like for yourself, you can try things on before you buy them, and the clothing sold at faire is much more likely to be made from natural fibres which are more comfortable than synthetics. Besides, it's just more fun to wear things you got there instead of ordered off the internet!  ;D
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Gislaine Peters

I did consider that, but things at the festival can get to be very expensive once you add them all up.

Bonny Pearl

Here's something for you to drool over lol!

*scrimp, save, scrimp, save lol*

http://www.velvetpeacockdesigns.com/

I have a skirt and top from her.  She does great work!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Queen_of_Navarre

Advice from a former tribal/belly dancer, get your outfit made out of cotton gaze if your attending a late spring or summer faire. Don't forget to get the pants for underneath, even if you get the full skirt. Nothing looks less professional then cheeks flashing beneath your dance outfit ( no matter how sweet and thin you are )
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Gislaine Peters

Omg! bonny that is beautiful! I'll take a look! My mothers letting me use my graduation party money to get a gift for myself for doing so good in high school so if its worth the money I may get one from her!
And I would never not buy pants! haha! That would be so embarrassing!