News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's made your day?

Started by The Lady Mercedes, June 14, 2010, 01:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

This is a thread on another forum or two I'm on so I thought why not add it here: so, what's made your day today? Me, I made some damn good beignets for the 1st time & True Blood has returned-yes!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Lady Rebecca

I went to the John Levique Pirate Days today with a friend, and we had a great time! Then I had rehearsal, where we were all basically laughing for 3 hours straight. Then I watched the Tonys and the latest episode of Drop Dead Diva. Overall, I've had an all-around terrific day!

Gwen aka Punstergal

My daughter and I picked out her VERY FIRST PET yesterday-a FIDDLER CRAB!! She said she wanted one of these a couple weeks ago and I said we couldn't do it because we couldn't afford the tank (even the little ones are like $20 bucks and we're on a restricted budget these days). But, on our weekly saturday jaunt through the garage sales, we found a 2.5 gallon tank set up for three bucks!! Add $2.66 for the crab, and now, my three-year-old has a pet which is amazingly entertaining, doesn't pee on the carpet, and won't shed or wake the neighbors- hooray!!
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Lady Christina de Pond

going home to my excited little puppy
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Charlotte Rowan

Rob and I have been married for one year today. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Rebecca

will paisley

Given that it's Monday and I'm at work, and yesterday was the closing day of VARF, the list for yesterday is a lot more notable (and will probably be making my days for the next week, for that matter):

My friend Karl "saving" my second set at the Tavern Stage, where it was loud and noisy and people were ignoring me in droves; he came up and played guitar for our performance of the Irish Blues, and the audience came to life. 

Me doing my best to return the favor at Tavern Sing during his performance of a Renaissance version of cluck Old Hen.

Several private performances and conversations under the dining fly for different families, generally breaking my character to bits and pieces answering questions about the internal workings of faire, do I around from faire to faire, am I paid, what do I do in real life, etc.

Having a cast member hunt me down and compliment me on my performance for the Queen's Arrival the previous day (then seeing that Kevin tag me in a photo he took of the performance and posted on Facebook, with me Riverdancing in my period sunglasses).
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

captmarga

I'm alive again after 5 1/2 months (Chris having passed in December) thanks to support from Faire-mily.  Met new friends, feel wanted and loved, and if not loved by one person in a long-term relationship anymore, at least found huggable by several!

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

angusmacinnes

That is wonderful new Marga.  I am sure things will improve from here on in.   ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Bonny Pearl

coming home and the first thing i is see when i drive up is my 8yo son waving, smiling and happy to see me.   :)

btw - great thread idea!  it's nice to reflect on the day, even if it's been a bad one and find something that makes you smile and possibly reduce the stress a bit.  counting our blessings.  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

shadowcat546

Hi....hmm...made my day?.  Ok, on Sat. my friends K & M had their party, K's birthday party.  Nice loud music in the basement (not my kind of music, but I go for the company, if you can hear over the noise).  Steve was there.  He was like "Omg., how are you/what're you up to?!" and __still thought I was cute [from back 15+ yrs ago when we dated, and I was 40 pds lighter], and he and K both gave me hugs and neck rubs.!!!  squeeee!!!  *fans self, cheeks are red**, whew!! being flirted with  (while unhappily single) is sooooo nice.  sigh.
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Becky10

While driving a guy on a motorcycle waved at me at the light ( i admit i was oggling) then as he drove off i saw him stand up and watched him attempt to drive while zipping up his fly. I couldnt stop laughing.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Celtic_Fae

A friend, one who has shown loyalty again and again despite a certain reputation, walked in when the rest of the world walked out and helped me believe in and find myself. This happened last fall but every time I get a phone call or just a thought out of the blue, it helps make my day all the brighter.

Rapier Half-Wit

Hearing that voice...makes everything ok.
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...