News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you use for home security?

Started by Valiss, August 10, 2010, 04:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Quoteand 'Maximillian' a Jack Russell Terrororist.
hehe
love the name.
I don't count our dog because she is pretty much useless for home protection.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Nicolette

My dog, Beau, who tries to kill anything and anyone approaching the house in any manner whatsoever if he doesn't know you.  And don't even think about coming close if you're wearing a chipmunk suit.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Captain Jack Wolfe

Ninjas, cleverly disguised as garden gnomes.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Beaudan Tocks

A matching set of Pygmy Giraffes and...  A NEW Oven Mitt
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

DonaCatalina

The Armory. LOL.

But actually the only things under the bed are a baseball bat embedded with a steel rod and my .357 magnum loaded with .125 JHP.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Luciana

My two German Shepherds and my big cast iron frying pan ... ah, and a hunting knife sharpened to perfection.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Dayna

Two watchdogs who alert me to someone somewhere they're not supposed to be.  One goes directly to the source of the problem, giving me time to aim my 7 shot 357 six shooter and the other goes to the phone with the 911 button ready to press it upon command. 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

irish

My dog Brumus, who has a very loud bark and my cat TJ, who hisses at anyone who comes near the house!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Lets see now...

- a  security alarm system that is on all the windows  and  doors  in the house.
-  a motion detector  system
- 4  dogs..all pretty good  size
- 2 horses  that let you know  when something is outside
- a couple of geese  that make noise anytime  someone  walks up the  driveway
- my very sharp pirate sword
- a baseball bat
--a  cast iron skillet

hmm..am i missing anything....lol  !  And  to think i live out in the  country, but i have lots of  woods  behind  me.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Malcolm

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on August 11, 2010, 06:55:38 AM
It helps when you dad was a gunsmith.

It also helps when you used to live in East Alton, IL (check a box of Winchester ammo sometime).
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

BubbleWright

A life-size cut out of Chuck Norris...
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Capt. Morgan

If I told you, I'd have to kill you...  ;D

Among other things, swords, longbows, firearms, cats with a 'tude, the ever popular a la "Laverine and Shirley" wrought iron skillets and depending on what kind of day I've had...ME with a 'tude....
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Blue66669

There's nothing more frightening to an intruder than to see two naked chunky people with a wakizashi, a battle axe with a mace top, and a pirate cutlass. We make sure that if we have to go inspect something, we're nude and angry LOL.
Blaidd Drwg

bran_gray

Quote from: blue66669 on August 12, 2010, 10:30:25 AM
There's nothing more frightening to an intruder than to see two naked chunky people with a wakizashi, a battle axe with a mace top, and a pirate cutlass. We make sure that if we have to go inspect something, we're nude and angry LOL.

"Cause nobody wants to fight the naked guy" - Rodney Carrington

I'd think if anybody was silly enough to ignore the old halloween postings that I did years back on the first two doors into the house ("Turn back now!" and "It's already to late....") with glow in the dark paint and the assorted halloween decorations kept around the house year round that they would understand I am a sick individual.

If they chose to continue with their folly I would attack them with nothing but my armor and my axe.  Because as Blue said nothing is quite as intimidating as somebody who is angry and nude...unless that person is well armored and well armed  ;D

Mairte

Big hostile Chow/Akita watchdog....well the miniature dachshunds are the NOISE and he is the MUSCLE.
And a shotgun.