News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st time TRF AND Camping!

Started by FatSat30, August 11, 2010, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

" I'm a weirdo... he's a weirdo... wouldn't you like to be a weirdo too..."

:D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

I completely agree... you ARE a weirdo! 

Still... I'm a bit weird in that I like weirdos more than I like those so-called "normal" people...  And I think what we do is a whole lot more fun, "normal" or not, than what some folks do for entertainment! 

*beep, beep, ain't it great to be... crazy!?!*  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dbaldock

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 27, 2010, 05:41:50 PM
...  And I think what we do is a whole lot more fun, "normal" or not, than what some folks do for entertainment! 

For example, don't you like to watch people driving in a circle turning left?   ;)  8)

At least when going to a Ren Faire you're personally involved with the event, not just a spectator.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

Yeah... you can keep your Nascar, and all those boring "sports" that don't involve swords, or lances, or horses (well, one horse to a rider, anyway)... give me a day at Faire anytime!!!

I might even watch golf if it still involved knocking around the heads of enemies with a shillelagh!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

ravic

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on September 27, 2010, 05:29:46 PM
Someone asked me,last year, what AHE @ TRF is like... Hmmmm, it was a tough one... the best i could come up with was The Burning Man Festival meets Woodstock.   8) Anyone got a better description?

I always compare it to the infamous midnight NYE showing of Rocky Horror at the old Tower Theatre. Now that will stick in my mind forever.

ataraxy

Ugh.  I hope we are weird enough for AHE camping!  :P

Brenna

Quote from: ataraxy on September 27, 2010, 07:02:12 PM
Ugh.  I hope we are weird enough for AHE camping!  :P
If you're not quite there yet, you will be by Sunday afternoon.  :-X

MacKee

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on September 27, 2010, 01:23:21 PM
I only posted that as an FYI so that you know when your chances are good to find an RF.com group in the camp grounds.  That said, there are some members (e.g. Bonnie and McKee) that are there every weekend.
(o:

Yep, what KP siad :)

Oh, wait a minute ???...we decided to take a couple weekends off this year - 1000 Dreams and  Roman

But, if we can help...feel free to let us know ;)
The Order of Culloden Moor

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: MacKee on September 27, 2010, 07:14:18 PM
Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on September 27, 2010, 01:23:21 PM
I only posted that as an FYI so that you know when your chances are good to find an RF.com group in the camp grounds.  That said, there are some members (e.g. Bonnie and McKee) that are there every weekend.
(o:
Oh, wait a minute ???...we decided to take a couple weekends off this year - 1000 Dreams and  Roman

What about that last dream...
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara