News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What weird or interesting thing makes you unique?

Started by Valiss, August 31, 2010, 06:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

Do you do things in a particular way that is different that most people? Do you have a talent or skill that isn't common?

It can be something small. For example, a guy I know has to change the dial on the radio back to whatever it was before he gets out of the car. Another example might be your ability to remember something obscure about someone, like their favorite song, even if you've only met them once. Or perhaps you just have some crazy double joints.  What ever it is that makes you quirky, share it here.

Zardoz

Quote from: Valiss on August 31, 2010, 06:20:19 PM
Do you do things in a particular way that is different that most people? Do you have a talent or skill that isn't common?

It can be something small. For example, a guy I know has to change the dial on the radio back to whatever it was before he gets out of the car.

I have mild OCD, it's likely your car radio guy does too...I just think of it as a series of habits, they don't control or bother me too much.

I remember a lot of trivial information, more than most folks care for!  ??? I was on a 4 day cruise that had 6 trivia contests, I won 5 of them, I was off the boat for the other one.. ::)

Oh yeah, and I wear a kilt all the time 8)
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

crashbot

I have a bunch of stuff, but I will just start with one.

When I carry cash, it has to be in even amounts rounded up.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Merlin the Elder

I'm a musician (on the side). I can hear a tune a couple of times, maybe follow a chart for a couple of run-thrus, then never refer back to a chart again. But songs I have sung for years I still need lead sheets for. I cannot store lyrics in my head!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

auntiegiggles

I see the world differently than most (just ask LadyFae) and I always try and stay positive - which leads to a massive amount of energy  ;D 
Everything goes better with giggles

dbaldock

It can be something small. For example, a guy I know has to change the dial on the radio back to whatever it was before he gets out of the car. Another example might be your ability to remember something obscure about someone, like their favorite song, even if you've only met them once. Or perhaps you just have some crazy double joints.  What ever it is that makes you quirky, share it here.

Valiss, are you a sociology or psychology student?  Just wondering, due to the series of questions you've asked here on the forums.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Nicolette

"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Valiss

Quote from: dbaldock on August 31, 2010, 08:39:54 PM

It can be something small. For example, a guy I know has to change the dial on the radio back to whatever it was before he gets out of the car. Another example might be your ability to remember something obscure about someone, like their favorite song, even if you've only met them once. Or perhaps you just have some crazy double joints. What ever it is that makes you quirky, share it here.

Valiss, are you a sociology or psychology student? Just wondering, due to the series of questions you've asked here on the forums.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nope, just trying to make interesting conversation.  :)

crazyrennie

Since you asked-
double Jointed Knees-

and an odd prediliction to use large words

Shandi

I see and hear things others do not.
I see patterns everywhere.
I can speak to animals with my heart and soul and they seem to understand.
I had a teacher tell me once when I was a teenager and very suicidal...."You are Unique in all this World" and it stuck with me and in some ways healed me. I am Unique and very strange, some call me weird. "Weird is the spice of life"
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

DonaCatalina

I can drive across railroad tracks almost anywhere in Texas and tell you the name of the railroad that originally built it and approximately in what year.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyFae

Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Rani Zemirah

I collect dictionaries, and can translate enough of most written Latin based languages to get at least an idea of what something is saying, and even parts of the spoken languages, as well, even though I've never actually studied any of them, and I don't speak any languages fluently except English. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

crashbot

I work complex mathematical equations in my head to help me sleep. I see math in pretty much everything.

I usually sleep less than 3 hours a night.

I can shoot left and right handed with scary accuracy.

More will come to me. I am a bit eccentric, so I am told.

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire