News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What weird or interesting thing makes you unique?

Started by Valiss, August 31, 2010, 06:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

I know how to eat fire...

I have rubbed a tiger's belly and played with a cerval (smaller African wild cat)...

I also have the color-changing eyes...it says blue on my birth certificate, but they go from grey to blue to greenish brown depending on what I'm wearing and my mood...

I took the SAT in 5th grade (and scored just under 1000)...

if I were having this conversation with 'danes, I'd mention that I was married at the Sterling Renaissance Festival (my profile pic was taken on my wedding day), but a wedding at Faire isn't very unusual around these parts  ;)

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Rani Zemirah

I have hitchhiked to every state in the Union except ME, VT, NH and HI, and through 3 Canadian Provinces.  (many years ago when I was much more daring... and less safety conscious... than I am now)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyStitch

I'm one of those people who no one notices until they need them.  Just by sitting doing embroidry and watching a friend of mine one afternoon I knew he going to propose before his parents did.  Scared them to death when I had their hand made wedding gift ready for their quick wedding.  ;D  I'm also the person that knows all the gossip around the theater.  No one pays attention to me so they just let fly.  Not sure if that is the whole, 'servants are ignored' mentality or just no one notices me.

I'm like a little ghost or mouse in mundane life blending into the woodwork.  You take me to faire I stand out like a parrot.  Granted I'm standing next to a bright pink flamingo, so I MIGHT be missed due to his beacon of light, but hey I do get noticed at faire. :)

I'm not sure if it is a talent or training, but I can ususally tell what size dress, or pants someone wears, what bra cup size they are, and if they have ever had back problems.   

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Lady Christina de Pond

I went to Germany before i was two ofcourse a little irked about that since i didn't get to see the castles
I've also been to south america twice and will be going back for a third time in a few weeks and i'm hoping that my fourth trip will be the longest of my trips
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

LadyShadow

Because I born in Germany (but moved before I was 3 months old), lived in Japan, Florida and the San Antonio area, and did not live around the Houston area until later in '89, I am constantly told I have a German accent.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

crashbot

I was born in Ireland and moved to the US then I was 10, I have no accent at all.

Have several German friends, one moved here when he was like 15 or 16, has no accent at all. Another moved here 7 or years ago and his is pretty pronounced. I lived in Germany for 3 years, loved it.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Trillium

Lady Stich, I tend to go unnoticed also. Even at faire with my huge wings....  I joked on here several times that it must be the faerie glamour!
Got faerie dust?

Merlin the Elder

I read/write in about 12 different languages (that I can think of at the moment). Only problem is, they're all computer languages.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...