News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fires in the camp ground

Started by Konkins, October 05, 2010, 10:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Laura

I'm dragging my Mr. Buddy and propane tank out where we put our file bowl and we'll sit around it and pretend it's a beautiful fire bowl of hot, red, crackling wood!

=    It's gonna take a big imagination!
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

KiltedPrivateer

I'm sure propane stoves are still allowed as well.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Bonny Pearl

At camp.  Fires must have a cover.  No drum circle fire. I was told this will be in effect all weekend.  The winds are strong but should start dying down once the coolfront gets here. 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

brier patch charlie

No drum circle fire, WOW! That will sure be diffrent. Were will all the little drunk tiny boppers go?
Charles Coleman

SolRac

Quote from: brier patch charlie on October 28, 2010, 07:52:35 PM
No drum circle fire, WOW! That will sure be diffrent. Were will all the little drunk tiny boppers go?

Unfortunately to our camps probably. Just spent 88 bucks on a new fire pit with cover. Wal mart didnt have the one i wanted.

gaerdon

no campfire would be bad, but no grills or anything means no camping for me.  Understand the burn ban but that doesnt cover grills as far as i know so hopefully its just a one night its to windy lets play it safe kind of thing.

Anyone who lives down closer to the area know about any rain? was sure the burn ban was going to be lifted this week as the weather report ive got has shown 3 days of rain in the last two weeks, checked the county website and all i could get was burn ban instated on the 12 next meeting the 26

KiltedPrivateer

No rain in the past 2+ months and no rain in the near future.  The word "drought" comes to mind.
Lover of Lady Kitara

ravic

Looks like October will have no Official rain. All the vegetation is very dry.

SirRichardBear

has anyone said anything about tiki torchs?
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Captain Kilian

well crap...now almost glad i got out of bed at 0330...time enough to re-tetris the truck to fit a covered fire bowl.
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

eloquentXI

Quote from: Captain Kilian on October 29, 2010, 03:43:51 AM
well crap...now almost glad i got out of bed at 0330...time enough to re-tetris the truck to fit a covered fire bowl.

Gotta love playing the tetris packing game!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

KiltedPrivateer

Thats my favorite packing game - as long as the contents are faire camping gear.  My next favorite is the layout the campsite game (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Bonny Pearl

The winds are gone.  Haven't heard of any changes yet.  I would think tikis fall in the no open flame category. :/. As long as you have a lid for your bbq's it's ok.  We have a cook off pit on site this weekend and that is okay.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Taylor Blu

I saw many tiki torches up last weekend. Open flames were also fine, just no fire on the actual ground.

The Bruce of Springstein

Our group 'The Horn' had two firepits going all weekend. One was in ground.  We also had 6 Tiki Torches with colored flame.  The police ran through our camp to find a guy who was breaking into tents and said nothing. 
Drink from the Horn!! Horn High Council Ballbarian Lord
Shame Thyself!
Made to Slay
Member of 'The Wrong One'