News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Worst Beers in the World

Started by Don_Juan_deCordoba, October 29, 2010, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Well during our beer tasting event hehe
I tried a really dark beer- I think dogfish head something or other- eewww so nasty.
we tried something called Midas Touch, it was actually pretty good.

Does anyone have any recipes  for some gruit ale??
We are moving into a house with a large garage in a month or so
So I will be able to make my first batches of mead to take advantage of the winter cold, might as well try to make some gruit.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

SirRichardBear

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on September 27, 2011, 12:34:49 PM
Speaking of bad beers, (and showing my age) anyone remember "Billy Beer"?  I suspect it was Bud filtered through Billy Carter's kidney.  I actually had to poor most of it down the drain.
I remember it and I bought a six pack of it for my father for a joke.  I remember being surpire after his funerial seeing the six pack sitting in his frig un-opened and still in the plastic rings.  Suppost my sister throw it away when she cleaned his house.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

SethB

Auryn, Dogfish Head is highly touted as one of the best brewers in America! But all of their brews would not suit everyone's taste. My Girlfriend does not like hoppy beers, but does enjoy the chocolate and cream stouts, and most of the pumpkin beers that come out in the fall.

Auryn

Hehehe
well they can keep their dogfish beer ;)
oohh thats the other one I liked, we had a pumpkin beer that was quite tasty.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

SethB

yeah, the pumpkin brews are usually pretty delicious. Are you a hard cider fan?

DonaCatalina

Speaking of bad beers, (and showing my age) anyone remember "Billy Beer"?  I suspect it was Bud filtered through Billy Carter's kidney.  I actually had to poor most of it down the drain.

I remember it....I just never tried any of it.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Taffy Saltwater

My mom & dad had a case of this (they thought it would be "collectible").  While they were gone one weekend, my sister had a party.  No more Billy Beer.  Very unhappy parents.
Sveethot!

SirRichardBear

Quote from: SethB on September 27, 2011, 02:54:14 PM
yeah, the pumpkin brews are usually pretty delicious. Are you a hard cider fan?
Personally I perfer cider to beer and apple cider mixed with Guinness is very good.   Pear cider not apple cider flavored with pear juice but real pear cider is also very good but very hard to get. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Auryn

Actually thats one of the best things I had the other night- hard pear cider- very yummy.

I was actually thinking that once I start making my apple cider this winter I am going to add some of that hard pear cider.
QuotePear cider not apple cider flavored with pear juice but real pear cider is also very good but very hard to get
Now you are making me wonder and of course I just tossed the bottle into the recycling yesterday.

Guess Ill have to get another and try it again ;D

Mairte

Hmm. Pumpkin beer....sounds worth trying. :)

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 26, 2011, 03:50:51 PM
I think...not sure...that Pearl is out of New Orleans.
Pearl was founded in San Antonio. New Orleans is the home of Jax.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Merlin the Elder

Ah! You're absolutely right, WW! I had my crappy beers mixed up.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

SethB

My problem with cider is that I can drink way too many of them way too fast.

DonaCatalina

I did try the Ugly Pug. It was pretty good. It's not a stout, but a black lager so its toasty without being chewy. Also good was the Oktoberfest and the Texas Red.
I was not so emamoured of the Stormcloud pale ale. It was very tart and hoppy. I don't think it qualified for worst beer, but DH took it from me and finished it before I went to dump it.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess