News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where to stay when not camping?

Started by DonaCatalina, November 30, 2010, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Any recomendations? Anyone hotelling it?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

rengypsy

our website shoud have hotels which are offering faire discounts soon.

hotels all around...giddings, elgin, bastrop...all 15 miles or less away.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Once we're sure of making the trip, we're planning to book in Bastrop, preferably the Hampton Inn, with Holiday Inn Express as an alternate.

edit... The site is showing Elgin's HIExpress with a little bit of a discount.  Anyone who's hotel camping have any preferences?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Queen Bonnie

I live in Elgin. It is only 20 minutes from faire.The Holiday Inn is nice I hear.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Lady Kett

Merlin - I was looking at hotels this weekend and agree HI Express in Elgin is looking promising compared to Bastrop this year. Still pondering here...

Merlin the Elder

Well, we'll still be partying together at faire!  I went ahead and booked us in Bastrop because the stay gets me closer to some free weekends at Hampton/Hilton, and with the **shudder** AARP discount, price was close enough for me.

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on December 13, 2010, 08:33:31 PM
Well, we'll still be partying together at faire!  I went ahead and booked us in Bastrop because the stay gets me closer to some free weekends at Hampton/Hilton, and with the **shudder** AARP discount, price was close enough for me.

So, what is the discount when you're more than 500 years old?   :o   ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: dbaldock on December 13, 2010, 09:08:41 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on December 13, 2010, 08:33:31 PM

So, what is the discount when you're more than 500 years old?   :o   ;)   ;D

I promised the hotelier that I wouldn't turn him into warthog, and he promised he wouldn't throw a bucket of water on my niece, the Wicked Witch of the West, and $98 a night.

DonaCatalina

Okie dokie- We are booked at the Hampton Inn in Bastrop for 2/18-2/21.
On priceline we got a better deal than what was offered for Sherwood patrons at the other hotels.
We have bought tickets for Sat & Sun.
We will see all you wonderful people soon.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Don_Juan_deCordoba

We called the Best Western listed on Sherwood's website because I have a gold club card with them. But they claimed to have no knowledge of the Sherwood patron special rate.
Marques de Trives

Mead Swilling Lech

While not as convenient for us as it is our great Queen, we are only about 45 minutes from faire.  It is such a treat after the 3 hour trip it takes to get to TRF!
Whiskey was invented to keep us Irish from ruling the world.

dfloyd888

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on December 13, 2010, 05:38:57 PM
I live in Elgin. It is only 20 minutes from faire.The Holiday Inn is nice I hear.

If I have to hotel it, I use that Holiday Inn Express by the McDonald's in Elgin.  It is about $100 a night before taxes, but of a known good quality.  I'm sure there are other, more inexpensive places, though.  I might start looking around, especially in Giddings.

DonaCatalina

I tink Laid Robert and Lady Kett will also be at the Hampton in Bastrop.
Maybe we can make a party of it on Friday night.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder