News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Officially Unoffical Photo Thread for 2011

Started by Celtic Rune Stones, June 12, 2011, 11:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: LadyAriella on June 28, 2011, 09:56:09 AM
Quote from: Zoƫ on June 28, 2011, 12:46:51 AM
Was the thermometer in the sun? That could have done it. Official temps are always taken in the shade.

Yes, in the shade under his awning thing. I am so glad I'm not on court, Baron! I'm hot enough in all cottons and linens.

Believe it or not being in full on noble garb is not that bad. This is just like the Arabs, they were many layers of cloth and usually dark cloth at that. This allows them to sweat and that stays next to the skin and keeps you cooler. Sweat is the bodies cooling method like a dog does with panting. Someone in t-shirt and shorts is far hotter as the sweat evaporates off their body and they are not cool. it also intensifies the sun like a magnifing glass and they will feel much hotter. In all that heavy cloth as a noble you are insulated from the sun and heat. Of course the key is to always drink lots of water to keep from losing to much liquids.

As for the temps the hottest day this year is predicted to be tomorrow at near 100 along the front range. Temps in cars are always 10 - 30 degree's hotter in a car even in the shade. Hence the reason you NEVER leave a baby, child or pet in them even with windows down as it will cook them. If the temp outside is 75 and you leave a baby in that car, you will cook them in a short time, this is because the ambiant temp inside is far hotter.

OH And NEVER... EVER... Trust what the Sheriff says. He IS after all The Sheriff and you can never trust those types.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 28, 2011, 09:53:05 AM
Quote from: Baron on June 28, 2011, 09:40:30 AM
Relax folks!  Prog for this weekend is mid to high 80's.  Should be just about perfect .... except for the nobility, of course.

Except for the nobility? Because you exceed perfect? :)

Of course not, silly Girl!  Because we wear the heaviest, most heat-retentive garb on site. 

And despite Lady Delaney's mistaken theory, sweat only works as a coolant when is able to evaporate from the skin -- which is why low humidity makes high temperatures so much more bearable, and why high humidity makes them so much more uncomfortable. 
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Regardless, I plan to have a great time and meet some wild and crazy people.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyAriella

Quote from: Baron on June 28, 2011, 03:19:03 PM
And despite Lady Delaney's mistaken theory, sweat only works as a coolant when is able to evaporate from the skin -- which is why low humidity makes high temperatures so much more bearable, and why high humidity makes them so much more uncomfortable. 

This.

I know my feet are furlined on the inside and outside and I guarantee my feet are drenched with sweat...and I only cool down when I switch to my sandals.

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 28, 2011, 03:50:10 PM

Did you remember your arrow?   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: dbaldock on June 28, 2011, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 28, 2011, 03:50:10 PM

Did you remember your arrow?   ;D
Brother Dave! You sure are feeling your oats today, aren't you? Find a long lost stash?  ;)

Nighthawk

Well, folks, Weather Channel says:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USCO0232?dayNum=5&&%22=

81 and partly cloudy for Sunday. More or less the same for Saturday.

Merlin the Elder

Wow! That looks absolutely perfect, Nighthawk! I can deal with that!

Adriana Rose

Nighthawk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 29, 2011, 05:27:15 AM
Wow! That looks absolutely perfect, Nighthawk! I can deal with that!

I seem to recall you and I having a discussion of my nekkid Scottish rain dance. You're welcome.  8)

Quote from: Adriana Rose on June 29, 2011, 09:25:57 AM
Maybe we should have a Faire Weather thread?

Not too bad an idea!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Nighthawk on June 28, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

1st rule of a Native Coloradoean... NEVER trust the weather man. As the weather WILL change in 5 minutes

I checked varius sites today and the temps range from 88 up to 93 on Saturday and 88 t0 95 on Sunday.

Trust me THIS WILL change again by the end of the day and my tomorrow and by Friday and Saturday  and at least a dozen times between the changes the make and what it really is.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Nighthawk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 29, 2011, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: Nighthawk on June 28, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

1st rule of a Native Coloradoean... NEVER trust the weather man. As the weather WILL change in 5 minutes

I checked varius sites today and the temps range from 88 up to 93 on Saturday and 88 t0 95 on Sunday.

Trust me THIS WILL change again by the end of the day and my tomorrow and by Friday and Saturday  and at least a dozen times between the changes the make and what it really is.

Second rule... Check back with the weather man OFTEN!!  ;D

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks to CRS for Orginizing the Photo links on the front of the page. HUZZAH and Nicely done. This make it easier for people to track new photos
"The Metal Maiden"

Tanda

My weather report says high in the low 80s on Saturday and scattered rainshowers on Sunday.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

HUZZAH to Celtic Rune Stones for building the list!

My third weekend photos are uploaded to Picasa:
https://picasaweb.google.com/blushingbiggins/2011CoRF3rd?feat=directlink

Yes, Mistress Charlotte, the best of the best birdie photos are included!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~