News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please...

Started by Just Randall, June 16, 2011, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Just Randall on June 18, 2011, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 17, 2011, 05:21:37 AM
WE'll miss the good captain. But I can't wait to see what you come up with.  :-*

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. :-X

Oooh... now THAT sounds promising!  :o  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

mpullen

Capt., hope to catch you in Faire and buy you a mug or two of ale. You have gone above and beyond with helping Patrons.

Although I will have to reduce my TRF attendance since my company vacation time gets taken up with Sherwood Forest Faire, I hope to do a day tripper weekend or two to just maintain contact with my TRF friends.

Mug held high for you.

Tipsy Gypsy

He's always busted his butt behind the scenes, too. Rarely have I ever seen the man sitting down, he's usually more of a blur. TRF did themselves a huge disservice, not bringing the good Captain back.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

*Teach*

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on June 17, 2011, 06:54:55 AM
WTF!

:o

>:(

Ditto

*Shall I assume you won't be using your character as an excuse to drink my rum every time we run into each other then?*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Lishy

Very sorry to hear this, but YOU are what made the captain special, and YOU are still here, so we will be blessed to have you in our presence. TRF's loss, certainly, but hopefully many of our's gain!

And I am having the discussion, once again, of just how much this "new TRF" will subtract from my pocketbook. Seems with each passing year they make more changes that push me into wanting to seek entertainment elsewhere.

???
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Just Randall

Quote from: MrHyde on June 20, 2011, 01:08:23 PM
Captain.... what was the full name of the character and what years did you play the character please.  I feel it is fitting to recognize a character that brought such enjoyment to the TRF family.

Artemus Ulysses Fletcher, Captain of His Majesties Royal Guard(ret.). Started as a lieutenant in 2002. Promoted to captain in 2003. Knighted by King Henry VIII(Scarborough) in 2006. Retired in 2011, received lands and titles and was elevated to the rank of Earl of Loganshire.

(Hey, it's my character, and I'll make him what I damn well please. So Nyeh.)
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

MrHyde

PLEASE ONE AND ALL!  PAY YOUR RESPECT TO THE LATE GREAT CAPTAIN!

Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Breandan

Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

eloquentXI

While, I will miss our usual parade exchange and seeing you in your scarlets, ;), I look forward to getting to walk the lanes with you at our own pace. Expect a very large hug and kiss upon first sighting, mmkay?  :-*

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Rani Zemirah

Sooo... any inkling as to whom you may incarnate as next?  :o  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Just Randall on June 25, 2011, 08:21:47 PM
Captain.... what was the full name of the character and what years did you play the character please.  I feel it is fitting to recognize a character that brought such enjoyment to the TRF family.

Artemus Ulysses Fletcher, Captain of His Majesties Royal Guard(ret.). Started as a lieutenant in 2002. Promoted to captain in 2003. Knighted by King Henry VIII(Scarborough) in 2006. Retired in 2011, received lands and titles and was elevated to the rank of Earl of Loganshire.

He's the Earl of Loganshire, Rani...

*sweeps a bow*

Hail & Well Met, Your Grace...  ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

DonaCatalina

Your Grace, it will do me good to see you later this year. Huzzah to the Earl!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on June 27, 2011, 07:25:06 AM

He's the Earl of Loganshire, Rani...

*sweeps a bow*

Hail & Well Met, Your Grace...  ;)

Well, I did see that, but wasn't sure if it was "the end" of Capt. Fletcher's tale, or the beginning of a "new" character phase. 

(sigh)  And here I was hoping he might be someone who could actually be seen in public with a Gypsy without raising too many eyebrows...  :o  :D 

I'm thinkin' a roguish look would suit him rather nicely...  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Just Randall

Oh, I'm considering at least three character ideas for the near future... ::)
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...