News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Woven Leather

Started by kjrobbi, August 22, 2011, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjrobbi

I'm looking for help in making or buying a top similar to what Kiera Knightly wore in King Arthur.

It's kind of a braided leather top with braided leather shoulder straps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Not sure how to insert a picture or I would stick one in.

Auryn

is this the one ur talking about??
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

kjrobbi

Yes it is.

Not sure what to do for the skirt.

By the way, how do you insert a picture. 

Can I get your email?   

Auryn

to insert a picture- when you are writing a post- click the second button on the left of the second row of little square icons right above the smileys (its the icon right below the Italic symbol)
paste the url of the picture in between the two

I sent you a pm ;)
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

isabelladangelo

Hi and welcome to the boards! 

For additional images:
http://costumersguide.com/kingarthur3.shtml

As you can see, she wears pants in the movie along with the top -not a skirt; in case you are trying to stay true to the original outfit.   There are random scraps of leather about her waist and a nice plain brown belt.  What you might want to do is create a fabric base (out of a flesh tone fabric like tan) and then sew leather braids down it.  Or, you can weave a lot of leather together and form a 10" by your chest measurement minus two inches piece of woven leather cloth and use that to cover the base fabric.  Either way, you'll want something underneath -the straps will move!

Adriana Rose