News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

If you could only eat products from ONE animal for the rest of your life...

Started by Valiss, September 29, 2011, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

What would it be?

There are good and bad sides to any choice, but I think I've narrowed it down to pork for me. Then again, pork seems like the most limited animal, once I think about it. I dont know if I could live without eggs. Eggs are used is so many things besides omlets (bread, soups, salad dressings, etc) it would be hard to avoid. And while I think I could find a good milk substitute, a cheese replacement would be difficult.

So, what's your pick?

Lady Christina de Pond

beef i'm a carnivore anyway but red meat is my favorite  i can not live without steak
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Rowan MacD

Beef.  It's what's for dinner. And lunch. And breakfast.....Medium rare.
Yum :D

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Mairte

MrHyde

Cow with a chicken in his arse (like a turducken)
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Valiss

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 29, 2011, 04:00:43 PM
Beef. It's what's for dinner. And lunch. And breakfast.....Medium rare.
Yum :D

I loves me some steak (and burgers) but I dunno, I just dont think I could live with out cheese (pizza, sandwiches etc). And esp eggs (omlets, bread, pasta, salad dressing, ice cream, mayo, etc). If eggs werent so versitile, and used in so much, I might switch over.

Bob of the Lake

Chicken. No meat is more versatile IMO. I love all the other meats too but if I had to stick to just one, it'd be chicken.  :)
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

arbcoind

Magpie Flynn

I was going to say pork until I found out you can make bacon from beef. So beef for me!

Auryn

I thought about this and although im an avid baker.
I would pick cow
I can get steak, but also tenderloin and milk that I can make cheese, yogurt and ice cream with, plus im hispanic so we eat all kinds of things that go beyond just steak :).
plus with the bone marrow I can make jello :)

ya,
definitely cow
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Kett

Quote from: Auryn on September 30, 2011, 10:50:27 AM
I thought about this and although im an avid baker.
I would pick cow
I can get steak, but also tenderloin and milk that I can make cheese, yogurt and ice cream with, plus im hispanic so we eat all kinds of things that go beyond just steak :).
plus with the bone marrow I can make jello :)

ya,
definitely cow

I second this motion! Moo for me.

Lady Rebecca

Cow for me as well. I couldn't live without ice cream and cheese. Plus there's milk, and all the various forms of beef.

Elennare

I'd probably go with chicken.  I would miss bacon and steak (both very yummy), but I eat chicken the most, and being allergic to dairy there's already no cow in the "milk," "ice cream," and "cheese" I eat.  ;D

Fun topic. :)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

captmarga

Since alligators don't give milk, and I love chocolate and icecream... cow.  Buffalo might suffice, but cows are probably one of the most useful animals our ancestors ever decided to keep an orphan from after slaughtering the parent animals. Yay for cattle domestication.

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc