News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

At the campgrounds.....

Started by SolRac, October 07, 2011, 11:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrHyde

Dependent on what type of database they operate and being that it is private property private security can charge a 2000.00 fine that is payable to TRF.  They can then deny access to the grounds until the fine is paid.

Also, keep in mind that TRF is in Todd Mission, Texas.  King George is the mayor of Todd Mission and pretty much owns that town.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Glaodian

Quote from: MrHyde on October 07, 2011, 11:20:51 PM
Dependent on what type of database they operate and being that it is private property private security can charge a 2000.00 fine that is payable to TRF.  They can then deny access to the grounds until the fine is paid.

Also, keep in mind that TRF is in Todd Mission, Texas.  King George is the mayor of Todd Mission and pretty much owns that town.

About the only part that would stick would being kicked from the property.  And being living in a small town, Mayors have little to no power.  They could have you harassed, but that is about it.

Though, I believe being kicked from the park is WORSE than a $2000 fine anyways.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Merlin the Elder

They could always boot your vehicle until it's paid... or tow it off.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Taylor Blu

Just wondering, how is security doing?

MrHyde

I am not camping but speaking as a patron today they were all over the place but people were smoking all over the place.  Only once did I see a glowing butt on the ground.  Most people rubbed them out and then threw them in the trash.  Security was tolerant on the grounds today.  Toward the evening they had to handle some intoxication issues around the Sea Devil but they did it quietly and without any ruckus.
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

ravic

Quote from: Glaodian on October 08, 2011, 03:20:52 AM
Quote from: MrHyde on October 07, 2011, 11:20:51 PM

About the only part that would stick would being kicked from the property.  And being living in a small town, Mayors have little to no power.  They could have you harassed, but that is about it.

Though, I believe being kicked from the park is WORSE than a $2000 fine anyways.

There's a reason they call him KING George. He literally owns the major part of Todd Mission & I really don't remember much of a mayoral "election". Grimes County cuts him a large portion of legal slack.

JimsDana

The Lady selling cigarettes near the Sea Devil said, "Smoking inside is allowed, please field dress then dispose of the filters in the trash cans. Smoking is not allowed out side the gates or in the parking lot."
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

We had a LEO come by and shoot the Bull with us.  If you are smoking within your car or truck, they don't care.  No ground extinguish in camp. 
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Chandler

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on October 09, 2011, 04:43:21 PM
We had a LEO come by and shoot the Bull with us.  If you are smoking within your car or truck, they don't care.  No ground extinguish in camp. 

Would that include the bed of a pickup truck?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

SirRichardBear

I had to talk to some kids behind my camp they were standing around drinking and smoking and just throwing the butts on the ground not even field dressing them or rubbing them out.  I said you know there is a $2000 fine for smoking outside the smoking areas with the five of you that is $10,000 and in case you haven't seen them the firetruck or Police ATV come by about every 20 minutes or so.  But hey its your choice if 10 grand doesn't mean anything to you go ahead and continue smoking.  I guess it worked they asked were the smoking section was and wondered over to it.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Taylor Blu

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on October 09, 2011, 04:43:21 PM

That bit of info will put a smile on pops face. Thanks!(I have been 10 years with out smoking)

Lady Kett

I asked 5 different  people inside before I got what I think is the proper answer on designated smoking areas inside the Faire. I was told anywhere there are tables/chairs or on the paved walkways. Early on most places did not have the butt-buckets but they eventually seemed to make their way around. They said there were supposed to be signs but I never saw any.

Glaodian

Quote from: SirRichardBear on October 09, 2011, 05:15:45 PM
I had to talk to some kids behind my camp they were standing around drinking and smoking and just throwing the butts on the ground not even field dressing them or rubbing them out.  I said you know there is a $2000 fine for smoking outside the smoking areas with the five of you that is $10,000 and in case you haven't seen them the firetruck or Police ATV come by about every 20 minutes or so.  But hey its your choice if 10 grand doesn't mean anything to you go ahead and continue smoking.  I guess it worked they asked were the smoking section was and wondered over to it.

You handled that issue perfectly.  I just hope the kids showed some respect when they asked where the smoking area was.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

raevyncait

we were camped in a fairly large group, and our smokers were discreet and had their own ashcups, the kind that look like a cup, but have a funnel sort of thing on the top. ALL cigs over the weekend went into those, which were dumped into our trash buckets once they'd cooled & I think a bit of water put in them. I didn't see a lot of people walking around smoking in camp, though there were a lot that I saw in faire.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist