News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You're having guests over tonight for dinner, but...

Started by Valiss, December 13, 2011, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

Dr Pepper, 1/2 can of flat decaf Dr Pepper & pumpkin spice country crock spread
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Muffin

Let's see, if I remember correctly.. we will be having some lovely aged white cheddar cheese, along with some really fancy twist string cheese, a little cottage cheese (I'm sensing a cheese theme here), Mexican Village hot sauce to spice things up, Country Crock butter for dipping, because everything is better with butter! and cherry tomatoes...

Oh but the saving grace is the giant bottle of Riesling! YAY!  :D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

LadyStitch

They would get a special soup with a 'cream' base.

In a blender you put the left over hamburger patty, ketchup, relish, mustard, and you purree it with the baby forumla to make a smoothie/soup. Maybe top it with a little cool whip?  One the side serve up plenty of Choco Vin,white wine, baley's and Papya juice. Get them blitzed enough they won't care what is in the soup.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Merlin the Elder

You owe me a new keyboard, Stitch...I just yakked on my old one...  :P
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyStitch

You only yaked because it would almost work  :P

That is actually not too far from my mom's Thanksgiving/ Christmas through a straw. (She is a chef for special diets at the local hospital.)

Puree'd turkey, moistened with turkey gravey that had spices strained out. Purreed' green beans with a milk roux thickening it and seasoning strained out,  Potatoe soup with seasoning strained out. Cranberry jello, then what ever liquid you can drink.  It may not look that appatizing but still tastes the same, just no chewing involved.  ;D

Valiss

Quote from: Muffin on December 14, 2011, 12:51:20 PM
Let's see, if I remember correctly.. we will be having some lovely aged white cheddar cheese, along with some really fancy twist string cheese, a little cottage cheese (I'm sensing a cheese theme here), Mexican Village hot sauce to spice things up, Country Crock butter for dipping, because everything is better with butter! and cherry tomatoes...

Oh but the saving grace is the giant bottle of Riesling! YAY! :D

I didnt know Paula Deen on was this forum!  :)

captmarga

One heckuva spiked chocolate milkshake... complete with chocolate chips and Loki...

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Amyj

Hmmm...Teriaki pickled garlic, port wine cheese spread, red and green frosting, a semi-seet chocolate block, seafood gumbo that probably should have been tossed a month ago, and dried salami of an indeterminate age (how long IS dried salami good for in the fridge anyway????).

Ew.

Good thing the pizza delivery magnet is on the door!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Molden

Hmmm...if we could supplement from the pantry (ie: Bread and tortilla chips) then we'd be doin' pretty good:

Pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches w/ dill pickle hamburger slices and queso. Moonshine and a coke to wash it down. Heck there's even desert - half of a Waferneuse! (chocolate/hazelnut wafer cookie)

If not, pulled pork, coleslaw, and queso...umm...soup? You still get moonshine and a coke, with desert!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

LadyStitch

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on December 15, 2011, 05:56:43 PM
the difference a day makes... guests tonight would have a FULL growler of fresh beer and a honey baked ham!
The hamburger smoothie was my great grandpa John's favorite treat after he couldn't swallow well. Truly, a mcdonalds hamburger whirred in the blender with broth and extra ketchup.

When my mom had her oral surgery she was on oatmeal and soup for 2 weeks.  While making my brother's home made baby food in the blender she got a brain wave.  15 minutes later she had a bowl of cashew chicken mush.   Said to this day it is the best thing she ever ate.

Adriana Rose

Coffee creamer, half a thing of sugar cookie dough, grape jelly and buttermilk.

Wow I gotta get to the store  :o

DonaCatalina

Not too bad;
please of diet sodas, sour kraut, gardiniera, prosciutto, sour cream, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, 1 apple and some 70% dark chocolate. Not filling, but a variety.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I've got two tubs of salsa, and a hard cider.  All I need is some chips, and I'm good. The guests will be thirsty, because there's only one cider, and that's for me.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

Milk (both Rice and 2%) chicken broth, left over baked beans and Salsa.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rani Zemirah

Wow... and here I was thinking my fridge wasn't very well organized!  We'll be having omelets and English muffins, with Brie en Croute (wedge of brie and a ready-made pie crust)... with choice of smoothie made with strawberries, yogurt and fat-free or 2% milk... or 4 different flavors of all natural sparkling lemonade (green apple, plain lemon, pomegranate or blood orange), with the choice of mixing it with elderberry wine, vodka, Fraser's peach mango Loki or BerenJager...

Oh, and fresh ground coffee from the market yesterday! 

I think y'all better come have dinner at my house!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede