News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renaissance Faire Food, What do you look for?

Started by lady serena, June 30, 2008, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady serena

I'm doing a little research and I'm looking to everyone for help. What do you consider to be ren faire food? Scotch Eggs, Turkey Legs, and what else?
Guppy # 81
Fins up

renren

heres a link to the mnrf's food listing...don't know what's H/A, ect.. hope it helps!
http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/foodmenu.html

Oh, heck! Now I'm hungry! LOL!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Tim T

Warm chocolate chip cookies in a cone... and milk!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Cobaltblu

Meats, cheeses, wine, mead, berries and bread.  All served up in a rustic manner.

No soda, no bottled water, no ice cream, no smoothies, no pizza, no etc.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Taffy Saltwater

Since I am usually pretty cinched in, I tend to look for a snack in the morning - Scotch eggs, yum! - and then tend to sip bottled water to stay hydrated.  At some point I will indulge in one frozen Bellini and a protein snack again in the afternoon.  On the other hand, I am a cancer survivor and the long term result of the treatment is that I have to be very careful in what I eat as I don't want to become sick while wearing several layers of clothing.
Sveethot!

Athena

Fruit plates are absolutely delightful, especially in the summer months!

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady_Glorianna

Ren food? I guess anything on a stick from the savory (chicken, steak, mac'ncheese, etc) to the sweets (cheesecake, mini cream puffs, mini eclairs, etc)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

nliedel

Anything that won't force a midday garb change. There's a reason more than one dress is in my car at all times. I'm a slob. It's terrible to admit, but true.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

analise

My personal favorites at MDRF are the steak on a stake, chicken and chips, mac and cheese on a stick, roasted cinnamon pecans, the orange julius, and lots and lots of water and diet pepsi. Also the ice cream! They have these HUGE cones for just $3 (which, compared to an ice cream booth in the mall? Is downright cheap).

Lady Renee Buchanan

I know it's not H/A, but it is so hard to find something healthy.  Low fat, low cholesterol, tasting good.  I guess you can say for 1 day at faire, give it up and just eat something fattening/fried, etc.  But we spend many days at many different faires, and it adds up.

When we can find healthy salads, fruit (not so much cheese due to the fat), and whole grains, grilled & not fried stuff, we are so happy.  Lots of time, we eat on the way to faire and then after on the way home, maybe having a snack while we are there, if we can find something halfway healthy.

I am not a fanatic due to body image, but with a kidney transplant, I don't want to jeopardize it because I haven't watched my eating habits.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Robert Phoenix

Must have Mead above all things.   ;D  M'Lady howeve has a certain fondness for the chocolate mice they serve at Old World ren faire.  Nummy

cowgrrl

I'm on the lookout for healthier items as well.  I was pleased to find green salad with an option for ham or grilled chicken on it at the tiny Lawton Ren Faire. 
At my home faire (Scarborough) the pasta place is my favorite.  All made from scratch & you never know what's going to be on the menu that day.  My kids get very excited when they have the pasta roses & the pesto is wonderful.

To me, faire food is lots of stuff on a stick & ordinary food with interesting names (Rogue sandwich for example).

nliedel

I vaguely noticed MIRF had some veggie choices this year and fruit. YAY! I do like the turkey legs, but there's no way on earth I could eat a whole one, so I only get them if I have a hungry companion.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Angus

I love the Scotch Eggs, Beer, Fish and Chips, Beer, Black beans in Bread bowl, Beer, Chili in a bread bowl, and not to forget Beer...
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Lady Nicolette

The California Faires always had lots of great veggie options from falafel to all kinds of salads to baked potatoes with various toppings (also meat toppings, for those that wanted it), and all fresh toppings as opposed to dried chives, etc.  I haven't seen any for years, but when I first went back in the 70's, my favorite thing was the cantaloup halves with ice cream, fruit syrup and nuts.  I don't know why no one does that one anymore (or do they?).
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine