News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Best Route from Burleson?

Started by Elkyn, March 19, 2013, 12:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkyn

Any Burleson Rennies here? What do you find to be the quickest best route to Scarby? When we were up in Fort Worth all we did was hit 20 to 287 south then pick up 35E at Waxahachie. Is our best bet still to go slightly north (up to Fort Worth), hook a right at I-20 then use our old route- or is there a better, quicker route from Burleson?

I know that going southward to Alvarado then hooking a left at 67 to go to 287 is an option. I'm just curious if anyone knows from experience which would be quicker. 

Sadly, we skipped the faire last year (due to the move) and just did not have the opportunity to test/time routes.

Thanks

E

skitter

It looks like the quickest will be to go 35 to Alvarado, then take 67 to 287.  There are a couple routes with FM roads involved; in my experience those might be more scenic, but you always have the risk of getting stuck behind a tractor or something.

All I did was plug into Google Maps for directions from Burleson to the faire.

Elkyn

Thanks for the reply Skitter,

Yeah, I did a cross-check of what you did with Yahoo! Maps as well (for all I know they probably derive their info from the same source). They also seem to suggest the route you suggested as the shortest quickest route. Yahoo! Maps suggested it is only a 47 minute trip from where I am. Sweeeeeeeeet! 

But I'm open to input from anyone who might have actual experience with that particular route. Construction problems. Overzealous radar gun wielders, etc. ;D

Merlin the Elder

My experience with GoogleMaps has shown them to be rather conservative. Being a liberal, I always arrive faster than what they say...  ;D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

raevyncait

I live in Cleburne, on the edge of Keene. From our house up 67 to 35W is about 8 minutes, and from our front door to the parking lot of Scarby is 45 minutes, via 67 to 287 to 35E. It adds about 10minutes to go out 67 to 157 around through Maypearl to get to FM66 (in this situation, you'll arrive at Scarby and turn right into the parking instead of left)
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Elkyn

Raevyn- Ahhh. Ok I have a really good idea where you're coming from. So then it sounds as if the 67 to 287 to 35 route is the best bet then. Cool.

So, are there a lot of Renfolk in the Burleson/Joshua/Cleburne area? :)

raevyncait

Hmm, well, I don't know about a LOT, but I do know that my household (my upstairs neighbors are a family of 6, 5 of whom are faire folk) is out here, and I've got a couple of friends in Joshua,  who are. I'm sure that there are others, we just haven't networked together yet.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Meagan

I live near Burleson. I prefer to take 67 to 157 to 66. It may take a few extra minutes, but I really like being able to turn right into the parking lot. I also avoid all the traffic on the exit from 287 to 66. The traffic coming out of the faire parking lot is also a lot lighter as well. Besides, I prefer back roads to highways. 

Meagan

As I was out driving in the rain this morning, I thought I should add something. Do not take 157 if it is wet or rainy. The roadway does not drain well and the standing water makes the road quite dangerous.

Merlin the Elder

Yes, everyone must arrive safely, or wizards will get angry.

Elkyn

Thanks for the tip Megan.
We have considered the advantages with regard to arrival by taking the route that goes through Maypearl.

Also, thanks for the additional info regarding the road conditions where that route is concerned. As Merlin has emphasized- Safety is paramount.  8)

Elkyn

Following up, just in case anyone ever wanted to know, this past weekend, we took the route of 35 to 67 to 157 (through Maypearl) to the faire. We were there in practically no time at all.  Thanks again to all who responded for the feedback.  8)

Merlin the Elder

I often find the less-traveled routes to be more relaxing, even if it takes a few minutes extra.