News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Space City Con Houston

Started by Zardoz, June 03, 2013, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Hey guys, since I know a lot of us are into Sci-Fi stuff as well as faire, so I thought I'd plug the sci-fi convention I work with, Space City Con. Our con is coming up on August 2 - 4, 2013, in the lovely Westchase Marriott on the west side of Houston. This is a geek festival, so anything that comes to mind when you think of different sci-fi genres can probably be found! We have panels, costumes, artists & authors, comics, celebs, videos, discussions, a masquerade, concerts, RPGs, CCGs, table-top games, LARP, and board games... the list goes on! We also have the pleasure of hosting many Texas fanclubs of various genres.

http://www.spacecitycon.com/

Among our celeb guests are Sylvester McCoy (the 7th Doctor), Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly), John de Lancie , Walter Keonig, Robert Picardo, and Tim Russ (Star Trek), Gil 'Buck Rogers' Gerard, and Sandahl Bergman (Conan), just to name a few!

We also have some great artists, writers, and media guests,
see the full list here; http://www.spacecitycon.com/guests.html

I hope to see some of you at our convention, it's gonna be a huge event!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

nolekhan

We had a great time last year, looking forward to this one.

Breandan

I'll be there as a guest :D

...and fanboying after Jim Butcher and Jewel Staite  ;D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

nolekhan

I undertook a dangerous quest in my storage unit for a Dresden novel because of Butcher's upcoming arrival.

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

JackGonzo, MD

Will see you guys on Saturday
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

dbaldock

I've purchased my "Jewel Staite VIP Membership" Ticket for Space City Con, and have asked to take a Vacation Day Off on Friday, 02-Aug-13.

See y'all either Friday or Saturday.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Breandan

I've got a panel on the science of science fiction Friday at 5pm, running the game that night, and a panel on Saturday. Other than that, if I'm not at my table, check Jim's, Jewel's, or Sandahl Bergman's :D

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Bonny Pearl

Went to my first Comicon this year.  Just might have to make it my first visit to this too.  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

JackGonzo, MD

Quote from: Breandan on July 25, 2013, 04:32:00 PM
I've got a panel on the science of science fiction Friday at 5pm, running the game that night, and a panel on Saturday. Other than that, if I'm not at my table, check Jim's, Jewel's, or Sandahl Bergman's :D

What's the Saturday panel?

William the Braveheart

Quote from: nolekhan on June 06, 2013, 03:52:05 PM
I undertook a dangerous quest in my storage unit for a Dresden novel because of Butcher's upcoming arrival.
I've been injured during dangerous quests in my storage trying to find something I needed all of a sudden. They do serve the useful purpose of keeping your X from stealing all your stuff though, which is a good thing.
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

Breandan

Quote from: JackGonzo, MD on July 25, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
What's the Saturday panel?
Independent Tabletop RPG Design in a World of MMOs :)

KiltedPrivateer

My father in law and I visited the con on Saturday.  The first for both of us.  We had a good time.  I saw many familiar faces, some of which I was able to talk to for a short time or at least say hi.  My friend's son and I had a chance to visit the table top gaming room and join a game.  Also a new experience for me and it was a lot of fun.  The guy leading the story made the game experience.  He was fun and knowledgeable, and above all, patient with us noobs.

There was a rumor over heard of the this con coming back in January.  Anyone else hear this?
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

Yes, there was a banner up in the lobby I saw

KiltedPrivateer

Completely missed the banner.

Sent via digital carrier pigeon

Lover of Lady Kitara

Zardoz

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 04, 2013, 03:48:21 PM

There was a rumor over heard of the this con coming back in January.  Anyone else hear this?

WINTER IS COMING!  Space City Con Winter! January 3 - 5 , 2014!
First guest announcement; Jason Momoa . 

Meanwhile , feast your eyes....
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Breandan

I worked so hard my fingers bled... honestly! I had no fun whatsoever, truth!

;D

JackGonzo, MD

I kept going by to see you Breandan and you were always away lol

Bonny Pearl

LOL looks like y'all had a horrible time!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Breandan

best bet if I'm not at my table- wait five minutes. Nine times out of ten I am making a quick run somewhere and will be right back :D

Logistics were a PITA with two tables in two different areas and being short two minions. So, I had to run books back and forth and handle credit card sales from the company table.

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Zardoz on August 06, 2013, 12:40:00 AM

Meanwhile , feast your eyes....

What a lucky dog.

Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Breandan on August 07, 2013, 04:08:41 AM
best bet if I'm not at my table- wait five minutes. Nine times out of ten I am making a quick run somewhere and will be right back :D

Logistics were a PITA with two tables in two different areas and being short two minions. So, I had to run books back and forth and handle credit card sales from the company table.

I never did see you either, and that place ain't that big.

Lover of Lady Kitara