News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Twilight fans? Warning, Contains Spoilers!!

Started by Lady Neysa, July 20, 2008, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenaissanceInBlood

I recently picked up the first book. It's awesome. Bella Swan and Edward Cullen are great for one another. I gotta get the other books soon. I found Twilight in Kroger, of all places. Haha. Stephanie Meyer is a phenominal writer.

Lady Neysa

Four more days til the movie!!!! Squeeee!!!!

RenaissanceInBlood

Tammy

My friends and I got tickets for the midnight show Thursday night!!! I'm SO excited...I feel about 12 years YOUNGER then I am! lol
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

GypsyWriter

My daughter and I, along with my sister & a friend from our book club, are going to Forks WA this Thur - Sun.  We're hoping to catch the Twilight movie premier in Port Angeles, but not holding our breath!  They're not doing advance ticket sales and our priority is to see Forks & the surrounding area.

I had an article recently posted on the Forks Forum; it's an attempt to explain the draw of the books, esp to adult readers.  Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading it:

http://www.forksforum.com/Twilight2/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2008-11-15_Twilight_pilgrimage/
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Lady Neysa

GypsyWriter,  trust me, you won't be disappointed!  Make sure you stop by the Forks visitors center.  They have Twilight maps pointing out all the landmarks for you to find.  When we were there last summer, they gave out goody bags with the  map,  "official" chamber of commerce twilight trivia tests, and a little bag of sand from First beach.  At  Forks outfitters they have  authentic "Love At First Bite"  Forks t-shirts (if they still have em!)  They make great bragging fodder-saying they were bought IN Forks!  :)

Try to make a side trip down to LaPush- you will never forget it.  Like the author of that article said, standing on those windswept, isolated beaches is truly breathtaking and magical!  When we were there in the height of summer I think there was only 1 or 2 other people on the whole beach.  It was the same thing at second beach right down the road,  we had the whole place to ourselves- it was indescribable.  Second beach is a bit of a physical hike though..  If you go, be  warned that there are ginormous drift TREES (not little driftwood) that you have to climb over to get to the beach.   If you didn't see them earlier in this thread, here are some of our pics.  Hope you have a great time!

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n459/LadyNeysa/

Scarlett

Ok.  I finally jumped on the bandwagon and am reading the series.  I hesitated as its considered Young Adult.  But I read the Potter books which are aimed at a young audience and enjoyed them, so I took the plunge.  I am so glad I did!  I am thoroughly enjoying the story and just LOVE the characters.  I'll definitely go see the movie, but I'll probably have to sneak off alone when the hubby is working and the boy is in school.  Yay!  What fun!     
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

GypsyWriter

Thanks for the link to the great photos, Lady Neysa!  I had to giggle when I saw your message in the sand at the beach.

We've had the whole trip mapped out for several months, and defiintely plan to visist La Push, including the Quileute museum & First Beach.  I can hardly believe that 24 hours from now I'll be en route to Forks!

Thanks again for the info and for sharing your photos.
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Scotsman

OMG ... I promised my daughter I would take her this weekend ... what have I gotten into?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Blue66669

It's ok Scotsman- welcome to the darkside... WE HAVE COOKIES!!!
Blaidd Drwg

SarviaRose

Hehe that that I why I love Blue  ;D I like cookies.

Any one near me wanna go see it Friday??
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Lady_Glorianna

Did anyone made it to the hot topic twilight tour?
11/12 – Chicago, IL at Orland Square Mall
with Robert Pattinson "Edward" - 6PM

11/12 – Scottsdale, AZ at Fashion Square Mall
with Taylor Lautner "Jacob," Edi Gathegi "Laurent" & Rachelle Lefevre "Victoria" - 5PM

11/13 – Houston, TX at Houston Galleria
with Taylor Lautner "Jacob," Edi Gathegi "Laurent" & Rachelle Lefevre "Victoria" - 5PM

11/13 – Fairfax, VA at Fair Oaks Mall
with Kristen Stewart "Bella" - 5PM

11/14 – Boston MA at Square One Mall
with Robert Pattinson "Edward" - 6PM

11/14 – Minneapolis, MN at Mall of America
with Taylor Lautner "Jacob," Edi Gathegi "Laurent" & Rachelle Lefevre "Victoria" - 3PM

11/14 – Paramus, NJ at Garden State Plaza
with Kristen Stewart "Bella" - 5PM

11/15 – Miami, FL at Shops at Sunset
with Taylor Lautner "Jacob," Edi Gathegi "Laurent" - 4PM

11/18 – Hollywood, CA at Hollywood & Highland Center
with Taylor Lautner "Jacob," Nikki Reed "Rosalie," Kellan Lutz "Emmett"
and Jackson Rathbone "Jasper" - 5:30PM, plus a performance by Paramore - 4PM
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

RenaissanceInBlood

Scarlett

Quote from: Scotsman on November 19, 2008, 07:42:15 AM
OMG ... I promised my daughter I would take her this weekend ... what have I gotten into?

I wish I were going with Autumn too!  LOL!  Tell her big sis said hi!  As it is, my guys have no interest so I'll be skulking off to see it on my own in the next week.  I'm sure you'll have fun Scotsman.

Scarlett

Quote from: GypsyWriter on November 18, 2008, 01:12:41 PM
My daughter and I, along with my sister & a friend from our book club, are going to Forks WA this Thur - Sun.  We're hoping to catch the Twilight movie premier in Port Angeles, but not holding our breath!  They're not doing advance ticket sales and our priority is to see Forks & the surrounding area.

I had an article recently posted on the Forks Forum; it's an attempt to explain the draw of the books, esp to adult readers.  Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading it:

http://www.forksforum.com/Twilight2/articleDetail.exm/Index/article/2008-11-15_Twilight_pilgrimage/

OMG!  I am so jealous!  You MUST take TONS of photos and post them ASAP!