News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

10 things we DON'T know about you!

Started by Blue66669, July 21, 2008, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McGroin

1.   I've had 2 brain surgeries, one in 1982 and the other was in 1995.  I have an arachnid cist that is to big to remove (bigger then a tennis ball). Will have the rest of my life.
2.   Like to have died during both.
3.   Rode bulls for three years. I got stomped into the ground so I hung up my spurs.
4.   Could never touch my nose with my tongue.
5.   Shook Garth Brooks hand in a small Bar up from my house when he was just a warm up band for Merle Haggard.
6.   Didn't get my driver's license until I was 21.
7.   After my first surgery I grew over 18 inches in 5 months.
8.   I went back to college after being out of school for 10 years.
9.   I've moved 4 times in my life, all within a short walk between each place.
10.   Have only one tattoo of a Celtic bird that I designed on my left arm. Working on my second one.     
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

Ginette

Quote from: PurpleDragon on July 25, 2008, 01:37:39 PM
15.  I know more about women's lingerie than just about any man I know. ;)  (don't ask why.. you might get an answer).

I gotta ask even if I get an answer!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Luciana

I know more about women's lingerie than just about any man I know. ;) 

So .... what do you know about women's lingerie?

* inquiring minds want to know *
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

daylight

I`am marreid and have been with my husband for 32 yrs and Still very much in love with him today
I love people and love making them smile, I enjoy all my friends they are dear to me
I`am a reg barber, and do cut hair and alll the frils that go with it.
I have 2 childeren both girls, who are now adults and married and are raising their familes
I have four grand childeren whom I adore and think the sun rises and sets in them
My husband and I own a Mech Shop, and been in business for 15yrs
I love dogs and have 3 dogs, two small ones and large one
I love to decorate my home, I decorate for all the seasons, with all that stuff I just love it, stuff stuff
My husband  Plays in a band, He is the bass player, in threater in MO
I love to go to ren fairs, I have met some of the nicest people there, and I have so much fun

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: luciana on July 25, 2008, 03:25:54 PM

I know why, but I'm not sayin  ;)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Noble Dreg

Quote from: luciana on July 25, 2008, 03:25:54 PM

I'm thinking..."what a silly thing to say, 'women's lingerie', like there's men's lingerie".  So I got curious and googled "men's lingerie"...trust me, don't!   :o

God the image is burned for all eternity in my mind.

Thinking now we need a new thread, "10 things I wish I DIDN'T know about my fellow rennies"!   ;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on July 22, 2008, 12:37:39 PM
5- I am (probably) starting school this spring to become a principal (no one I know would have ever thought that growing up)
6- I barely graduated high school because I was lazy (they thought I was a bit slow... with an IQ of about 147... nope, just bored and lazy)
7- I prefer working in schools with poorer kids because I feel needed.

Gee, teach, why does "Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back"  keep running through my head?

Mr. Kot-tair      ;)
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 25, 2008, 07:01:20 PM
5- I am (probably) starting school this spring to become a principal (no one I know would have ever thought that growing up)
6- I barely graduated high school because I was lazy (they thought I was a bit slow... with an IQ of about 147... nope, just bored and lazy)

Gee, teach, why does "Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back"  keep running through my head?

Mr. Kot-tair      ;)

Wha?
Who?
Whaya?
How?
Wen?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

BubbleWright

1- My Dad was Filipino and my Mom was Boston Irish

2- My Dad was a cook in the Coast Guard and the Merchant Marine. This makes me a genuine
"son of a sea cook".

3- My first 7 years after High School were spent in a religious order, where I became Brother Felix. I left when I realized that it was necessary to go back into the world, because I was not being challenged or rewarded in ways that meant something to me.

4- My older brother Danny and my youngest brother Steven both died of AIDS. Yes, they were Gay.

5- In 1985 I created a cross State bicycle ride for Delaware that crosses the narrowest part of the
State (12 miles) twice. It is called "The Delaware Doublecross" and continues to have as many as 600 riders.

6- In 1999 and 2000 I won the Smithsonian Kite Festival's "Theme Award", the 1st and 2nd year it was offered.

7- In 2004, a friend and I put together a bubble festival, "Bubbles Over Colorado" in Manitou Springs.
http://www.bubblescolorado.com/

8- June 21, 2008, along with about 400 other people, I brought 2 of my bubble machines to "Times Square" where we made billions of bubbles as thousands of other people looked on.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hbomb/2601504849/

9- I sent a post card secret to the online blog "Post Secret" and it was posted for all to see.

10- I am a Type II diabetic.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Renee Buchanan

1.  My friend Lynn donated a kidney to me in 2003 because I was near death suffering from Polycystic Kidney Disease.
2.  I have been surfing since I was 16 years old, albeit on and off, depending if we've lived near the ocean.  I adore the ocean, barely tolerate pools, and don't like swimming in lakes.
3.  I am deathly afraid of snakes -- and that includes worms, and mice and rats (because their tails look like worms).
4.  I met my husband Steve when I showed up on his doorstep in St. Lucia (the island) on Christmas Eve with the flu.  It's too long a story for here.  If you really want to know, ask me.
5.  I'm an Acolyte and Chalicist at my church.
6.  I am a Cursillista and have been asked to be the Rectora of the Spring, 2009 weekend for the Diocese of Chicago.
7.  My most favorite song in the whole wide world is, and has always been, Layla. (imagine that!)
8.  I've lived in 5 countries, 5 states, and visited 34 foreign countries.
9.  I love to rollerblade.
10. I've been on 3 different television shows demonstrating Brass Rubbing, and Renaissance Magazine wrote an article about me called, "Interview with Brass Rubbing Expert, Renee D."

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

*Teach*

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 25, 2008, 08:04:11 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 25, 2008, 07:01:20 PM

Mr. Kot-tair      ;)

Wha?
Who?
Whaya?
How?
Wen?
You'd be suprised How often I hear that lol

*and how often I have been gifted rum by fellow teachers...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Taffy Saltwater

1.  Both my and my son's first grade teachers were named Mrs. Ball;
2.  Have gone whale watching in New Zealand and a day trip to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia;
3.  Am a card carrying member of the Rolling Stones Fan Club;
4.  Did the walk the red carpet thing at the premiere of POTC III;
5.  Spent a week in Kauai for my 50th b'day and two weeks in Australia/New Zealand for my bf's b'day; and as a result
6.  I can tell you more about koalas than you'll ever want to know;
7.  My left arm is significantly shorther than my right (long fall off a short cliff);
8.  My second toe is longer than my big toe;
9.  Can't play video games for squat; and
10. Am a descendant of the Spanish conquistadors who settled in Northern New Mexico - Santa Fe area - in 1598.

Sveethot!

SleepyArcher

1. I am an RN and work Pediatrics; ER, NICU, PICU.
2. I LOVE ATTENTION!!!!!!!!
3. I have ADHD...
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Yrose

Quote from: Sleepy on July 27, 2008, 11:18:58 AM
1. I am an RN and work Pediatrics; ER, NICU, PICU.
2. I LOVE ATTENTION!!!!!!!!
3. I have ADHD...

Hey Sleepy got three out before distraction, not bad.....lol
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Sir Ironhead

1.  I was in the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps (Navy JROTC) thru high school but joined the Army
2.  I have dealt with PTSD since the Gulf War in 1991
3.  I had a mullet in high school (didn't conflict with #1 but it did get cut off my senior year)
4.  I have a learning disability; I can tell/talk about a subject but can't put it in writing
5.  I was reading at a college level by second grade
6.  I could discuss military history at a college level by third grade
7.  I will tan on my arms and face but will burn everywhere else
8.  I can't climb a rope
9.  I can stand and walk normally in 5 inch heels
10 .  A relative on my mothers side was a Knight of Rhodes (we're talking about 25 generations ago)
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41