News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

lady amy of york-good news for a change !!

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 10, 2008, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

Amy:

If there is something I have learned thru this whole mess with Sir Dragon is not to put up with mediocre "doctors". We can summon all the strenght in the world but there are things that need help healing. If it sounds like a quack, feels like a quack and seems a quack it must be a quack and no one on this earth should have to put up with that. I know that sometimes it can be a hassle and painful to go farther to see a better doctor but in the end it will be worth it. 
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady Amy of York

I  agree  with you Lady Glorianna. excuse my typing, trying to learn to do it left handed !!
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Ginette

You are in my thoughts and I hope you stay in good spirits.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Lady Amy of York

well i saw the orthropedic doc today.  i liked him . yea, finally a local doctor  that  i  like.

anyway  i have a fracture in my right wrist.  i have a soft cast on, and he wants me to have a mri  of the wrist so he can get a better look at the fractue before puting  a  hard  cast  on.

and then my achilles tendon in my right foot is badly sprained  and pulled. i have these huged padded boot on that goes up to my knee. pain to tryto walk. there is about 4-5 inches of padding on the bottom of the boot, so when i go to walk, like just to use the bathrrom, i am so off balance,  i feel like  a drunk.
and it is very heavy.  arrrr.

so i am very fustrated. this was supose to be my year to get back on  my feet.  oh well, could be worse. i told my hubby i am going to faire next month even  if he has to carry me  in  and  park  me  on  a bench .....right now preferably  by  the tavern !!

so never a dull momment in  my  life !

and my dog came home yeserday after having her knee sugery done.  she can't walk yet, so my hubby has to carry her outside.  she is  no small dog. i pray he does  not  hurt his back.

gee, looking at this...not badforvtyping  with  my left hand with  one finger.
okay...i think a need  a drink !! sigh !! :'( :'(

Sir Dragon

Lady Amy of York

Don' t mention the w ord " fall "! ;D

Yea, i'm managing. More  of an  nuissance  then an yth ing else.   This boo t  i have  on m y foot   is  a pain in the neck.  Ve r y heavy.  l ooks l ike some thing ou t  of a  space movie.  LOL ! That pl us i can't t ype very well lef t handed !

Sir Dragon

Ok Ok things will get into place. Btw your typings looks good to me ;)

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Amy of York

I had a MRI  of  my wrist on Tuesday  , cause the doctor  wanted a better picture of  it. the  xrays  were not very clear !  anyway  , got  the results  today.  Turns  out the  wrist is not fractured.  Just badly  sprained  !   Yea !  About time  my  luck started  looking up !   ;D ;D
  So now i just need to have some physical therapy  on the  wrist and  foot  to strengthen  them !

Lady_Glorianna

Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

dbaldock

Quote from: lady amy of york on June 20, 2008, 07:05:01 PM
I had a MRI  of  my wrist on Tuesday  , cause the doctor  wanted a better picture of  it. the  xrays  were not very clear !  anyway  , got  the results  today.  Turns  out the  wrist is not fractured.  Just badly  sprained  !   Yea !  About time  my  luck started  looking up !   ;D ;D
  So now i just need to have some physical therapy  on the  wrist and  foot  to strengthen  them !

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

If you were here in Texas, you could head to one of the Country n' Western Dance Clubs, and take care of your physical therapy all at once --- doing a little boot-scootin' for your foot and raising a few cold ones for your wrist!   ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: dbaldock on June 20, 2008, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: lady amy of york on June 20, 2008, 07:05:01 PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

If you were here in Texas, you could head to one of the Country n' Western Dance Clubs, and take care of your physical therapy all at once --- doing a little boot-scootin' for your foot and raising a few cold ones for your wrist!   ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock

ROFL-- now that is my kind of  physical therapy !   I think i  will go tell my hubby  to go buy  me  some  beer !  But it is  for  my wrist  luv,  really  !  ;D ;)

Baroness de Vale

OK Amy, I'm really sorry I haven't posted before this!! With my ankle healing and trying to get ready for faie I just can't seem to find the time to get on the net. I am so sorry to hear that you had additional problems but I am thrilled it turned out your wrist wasn't fractured! As for your boot, we should get together and start a new fashion. I feel like I lurch around saying "Arrrgh! Where's the rum!?!" Now if I can just get the blasted thing off before faire starts! Continue to have good healing! Hugs!!

Count Adolfo

I shall, as always 'twin sister'... keep you in my prayers.
I pray for your speedy recovery and for the opportunity to congratulate you on it in person one of these days.

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  guys !   My wrist is  doing fair. I got the boot off of  my ankle, and i'm going for  physical theraphy  on it, along with  doing  some theraphy  on  my back.  It's sore where  they made all the incisions  for  my surgery.   
  But over all ( knock on wood )  things  are improving  and looking up  for   a change !   ( knocking  on wood  again...don't want to jinx  myself  ! )

Yes-Hvkirk   we could have started a  new fashion trend !  LOL!

Ah   Count--my dear twin brother.. ;D ...one of these days  we nedd to get together and  share a birthday  drink  !