News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

heartbroken

Started by Lady_Glorianna, August 20, 2008, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

Sorry if I anger anyone by starting another thread but Well, i"m devastated today. This afternoon we saw his doctor and it sounded like this is it...quality of life,make him comfortable, so on and so forth...he is getting chemo tomorrow and when we see the doc again in two weeks he will most likely order another PET and then we will discuss from that. As we were told to live as normal, we are both shedule to begin working this Saturday at the Maryland Renaissance Festival. He wanted it that way but now it looks like he won't make it and he won't let me quit! How can I go on without him ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

SirBlackFox

I know it's not the same m'luv, but you have all of us to look to for support.  Some of us have been through this although most of us have not.  The best way to honor your man is to continue. . .just like he wants you to.

Anything Cyn and I can do, just ask.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Molden

I'm speechless...

My Deepest Condolences...my Prayers of Strength for You.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

renren

I'm so sorry to hear, will be praying for you both.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Anna Iram

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. It must be so hard to "carry on as normal" as normal no longer exists. I think your husband would be glad you are able to enjoy faire even if he needs to stay quietly at home. Perhaps your bringing home happy stories will help him get through the chemo. Let him share in happier moments with you.

daylight

I`am so sorry to hear this kind of news I will be praying for you both., as I know you must rolling with all kinds of emotions, I pray for peace for the both of you

Tremayne

Wow. Glorianna, take care of yourself.

Having been in a situation of critical illness when I was quite dependent on others, I will say it can be a relief to have some time away from the concerned or sorrowful looks of others (which are inevitable--you shouldn't berate yourself for not "being strong") and it's good to know they at times cast aside the burden you pose for them. So do go to faire--or perhaps to visit friends if faire is too jarring on your spirits.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Queen_of_Navarre

My heart goes out to you m'dear. I live every day with the sad knowledge that my husband is living with a quarter of a working heart relying on a defibrillator to keep it in rhythm. The is no more the doctors say they can do. We too were told live each day normally. No one understands but those who have been there... there is no normal, there is only now.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Lady Amy of York

I agree  with what queen of  Navaree and Tremayne say, for having  been a victim of illness  myself, i know it made me happy    when i saw my love ones around me happy.    I ordered my husband  to go out and do things  that he wanted to do.  It  helped him to relax, and  it actually made me feel better  and helped me to relax  , by knowing that he was relaxing  abit.

I know this is easier said  then done.   I know you probably hate  to leave him too.  Plus i know you will feel awkward being there without him.  Everyone's  situation is different. 

I don't know what character you play at faire or what your contract is like. Could you maybe only work one day on the weekend instead of both ? 

My heart goes out to you both.  I keep praying for a miracle  for  the two of you.   I hate  that devil they call " cancer ."
Know that you both will always  be in my prayers  along with  many others on here. We are your family hon, and  dont ever feel bad about posting  on here.
Let us be here to pray for you and  console you.
  you ever nedd someone to talk too, you can ren mail me anytime.

Hugs and love to you both, and may   some one up above her these prayers  and help guide you and  comfort you.

Big Hug !   - Amy

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Madge Estes

I am so sorry to hear the news.  But he wants you to do the show, and you honor him by doing it.  Although each situation is different, I lost my beloved husband last September during the run of Michigan.  I flew home for 10 days, then came back and finished the run of MiRF.  Why?  Because that's what he would have wanted me to do.  A lot of people didn't understand, but those who knew my husband never questioned the decision.  And I knew, as hard as it was, that I was honoring him and the sacrifice he made to have me away from home for two months every year to do this show.

My prayers are with you.  Live every moment to make memories.
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Trillium

I am so sorry to hear the news.  My heart and thoughts go out to the both of you and your families.
Got faerie dust?

RenRobin

Both of you are in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

lordwriothsley

Lady Glorianna,
I don't know what to say either except Wow.I know it's hard on you right now watching Sir Dragon suffer like this but just know that he is in good hands.I am so sorry to hear of this anyway,My heart goes out to you during this difficult time and I will definitely say a prayer for the both of you.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Charlotte Rowan

You will both be in my prayers.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

will paisley

Quote from: Queen_of_Navarre on August 20, 2008, 10:54:55 PM
My heart goes out to you m'dear. I live every day with the sad knowledge that my husband is living with a quarter of a working heart relying on a defibrillator to keep it in rhythm. The is no more the doctors say they can do. We too were told live each day normally. No one understands but those who have been there... there is no normal, there is only now.

That's about the only thing I understand; the fact that I haven't been through it and that I don't understand.  I'm afraid that knowing that I don't know what to say has been keeping me from saying much of anything.  I even hate to say this much, fearing that it will cause Lady Glorianna to launch into the "Don't worry about not knowing what to say" speech that she much give on a daily basis.  I don't know how I would handle it were I on either side of the equation; I only hope I would be able to summon up a tenth of the courage and dignity I've seen every time I've talked with them this past year or so.

Lady Glorianna, as long as you're working faire without him, make sure to bring back as many stories from faire as you can.

Take care, and if you need anything ask.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally