News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I heard a rumor

Started by lady tamela, September 03, 2008, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady tamela

We did not make it year :-[, It was a bad summer, alot of things were happening and we just did not have the funds to make it, I was really depressed about it.  I just heard a rumor that this may be the last year that the faire will be held at that site due to a local company wanting to buy that property to expand.  Please tell me this is not true

Whistler Fred

Having been involved with Bristol this past season, I've heard nothing about any pending land sales.  I suspect this is nothing more than a rumor.
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Vartha

That rumour has been around for SEVERAL years.
  There was a Reality company wanting to build Condos there. The OWNER of the land says NO from what I've been told. He'd rather rent to the faire over having condos there basically.
  That and Oh Susnna's leather (my old Bosses) that left back in 2003, is looking at shops for NEXT year, so don't worry too much about that rumour.

lady tamela

I am very relieved to hear that.  I was very depressed that I couldn't make this year, definately will next year.  Right now I am trying to find a small one to go to in the area.  There is one in Fishers, Indiana the first weekend of October that I am going to try to go to.  I need my dose of Ren Faire, I am having withdrawals

Dayna

There's also Stronghold in Oregon Illinois, a lot of Bristol people use it to ease the withdrawal pains after Bristol closes.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Vartha

Stronghold is COOL! You'd like Stronghold, it's a REAL Castle and there's a tour through it. Many Bristol Rennies AND shops are there even tho the shops are tents.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Stronghold is listed in the thread "Smaller Midwestern Faires."  Unilady and I had discussed setting up a Meet & Greet for both days, since there will be several forum members attending.  It is very small compared to Bristol, but it really is a great little faire.  Hope to see you there!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Burleigh

Quote from: lady tamela on September 05, 2008, 09:28:23 AM
I am very relieved to hear that.  I was very depressed that I couldn't make this year, definately will next year.  Right now I am trying to find a small one to go to in the area.  There is one in Fishers, Indiana the first weekend of October that I am going to try to go to.  I need my dose of Ren Faire, I am having withdrawals

You'd like the Fishers Renfaire. It's small with a cast of about 250. 70 of tose are nobles and the rest, well, aren't.

Come see us. The date is October 4th and 5th. See ya there. We'd love to have you

'Chasing the scum of the universe by day... the wedding fairy by night!'

Vartha

I have friends who know the owner of the land at Bristol. They say the owner gets something like 50% of the Vendership, So, I really doubt Bristol's closing anytime soon.

So support your venders as much as you can when Bristol's open.

lady tamela

Well, that is good news, with that kind of revenue going into his pocket (50%) he'd be a bit crazy to let it go.  Yes, I know that it took forever for me to reply.  This has been a year from Tartarus from which I am resolved to escape in the new year.  I will get my Faire fix next year.  I had to resort to wearing my garb for Halloween this year, was not the same.

Vartha

Bristol's just one of those places that will be around for a long time. I'm sure even as a "museum" of sorts since it's one of three that started in the 70's and has inspired MANY people, even Writers of books.