News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Store Talk

Started by kilted one, September 07, 2008, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

I just checked out the link to the Days Of Wonder games.  Shadows Over Camelot looks promising, as do Mystery At The Abbey and Pirate's Cove. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

kilted one

I have not played Pirate's Cove, so don't know.  Mystery at the Abbey I have heard good things about.  Shadows Over Camelot, simply one of my favorite games.  So good it even gets the In-Law Approved stamp (In-Laws don't regularly play games but actually play and enjoy the games that get this stamp).
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Lady Alchemy

I am the IN-Law certifier.  I am not a fan of very long complex games and neither is my family (Kilted One's in-laws.)  Games that get the In-Law approved stamp are carefully chosen for ease of learning and usually under 1 hour to play (Sometimes the games last longer depending on the level of sleep deprivation due to All-Night Gaming).

By the way my future brother-in-law who REALLY NEVER EVER plays games loved  "Shadows Over Camelot" .  Does that make Shadows an in-law in-law approved game?! ???
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

Professor M

In-law and outlaw approved!

I love "Shadows" too.  I'm looking forward to being able to play the expansion.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

anne of oaktower

Sounds like we'll be making a trip down sometime for a game night  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

DuCoeur

Ok I am totally going to open my self on my Geek dom, as well as Date my self here...But D&D is Still around is it not?  I would love to have an old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons Adventure with my fellow geeks...I mean rennies I mean Family...I mean friends...I mean...oh hell you know what I mean.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Angus_Cutter

I'd be soo up for it... what edition did you play... because the 4th edition just came out this summer... I've also played 2nd, and 3/3.5... I like playing 3/3.5 the best... 2nd is kinda comfusing and 4th is too simple (and theres not much out for it yet)...

Kip

Im game for anything as long as it involes my ren family freinds it all goood