News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Samhain

Started by Professor M, October 02, 2008, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on October 02, 2008, 09:51:46 AM
Hello, my friends,

I know most of you know about Samhain and are planning on coming but here is a link to the info page with a schedule.  http://www.pittsburghirish.org/echoesoferin/Samhain2008/index.htm  I hope you can come before I'm on at 5:30.  Professor M will be doing readings all day but is on stage at 7:30.  The music is good all day.

Please come in garb or if you are tired of it, wear some other kind of costum.  The Harp is on Penn Avenue in the Strip and if you are coming from downtown you need to come up either Liberty or Smallman to 24th Street and then over to Penn because Penn is one way going towards town.  For you Google Maps types, the address is 2329 Penn Avenue - Pittsburgh, Pa. 15222  and for you GPS types, N40 degrees 27.205 - W079 degrees 58.838.

I look forward to seeing everyone.  I'm having rennie withdrawals.

Ha!  Started a new topic with a quote.  Cool, huh?

Diane makes it sound like I have a band: Michael Mykita and Psychic Scenes.  Actually I'm going to be doing parts of my mentalism act.  It's heavy with audience participation, so I hope some of you will be around to join in.  It'll be fun!

I may be giving readings, too, but not for the whole day.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Sarai

dude, i am SO EXCITED for this

Terry Griffith

Darn,  I was looking forward to hearing the "Psychic Scenes".  I bet they'd rock.  Songs like, "Going Out Of My Head", "I can See For Miles", "Do You Believe In Magic", "Witchy Woman", "That Old Black Magic", "If You Could Read My Mind". 

I bet this crew could come up with some others.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

April

Cool... I think I can go too!  I don't know if I can come in costume because I can't do up my corset on my own...
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Countess Westmorland

April, Bring your corset.  We used to lace one another up at morning meting so I am sure one of us could help you.

I am so excited that everyone is coming.  I hope we can all get there early enough to snag one of the big tables.  We put them together on long rows.  There are some smaller tables along the sides also and it all first come first serve, I can't reserve one for us.  It would be so cool to fill the plce with rennies ingarb.  Shake everyone up.  I know David, the manager, loves us!  And Terry has promised to do Health to the Company.  We can teach a whole new crop of people our tradition!
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on October 02, 2008, 04:32:50 PM
Darn,  I was looking forward to hearing the "Psychic Scenes".  I bet they'd rock.  Songs like, "Going Out Of My Head", "I can See For Miles", "Do You Believe In Magic", "Witchy Woman", "That Old Black Magic", "If You Could Read My Mind". 

I bet this crew could come up with some others.

There's Witchcraft, Love Potion #9, and That Old Black Magic.  How about Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered?  Ooo!  I know!  You Were Always on my Mind!"

Actually, I'm afraid my real act will tank after all of this.  Fortunately I don't follow a musician.  I credit Diane for giving me a good spot in the lineup.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

April

Countess Westmorland!  That would be awesome!  What time does everyone usually arrive?  It will be my first New Year celebration.
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Fairyfly

This makes me miss living in Pittsburgh!!!  :'( Have a blast everyone! I miss you guys! *HUGS*
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Minerva

Dear Countess Westmoreland  & All! ~ Please know that we, Boudicca & Vadoma & our husbands will be joining you at the Samhain festivities!  We are so excited to be attending and seeing all of our newly made Ren friends, not to mention hearing the Irish Troubadour, who holds a special place in our hearts, as does the Countess! (Countess, unfortunately, the new " Royal Hounds" have other commitments & will not be attending!)

Also mark on your calendars Enchanted Wings' celebration of Halloween on October 25th, 2008 from 12 noon - 4 pm and help us celebrate our 1st Annual Witch Ride.  We will have refreshments & cookies, special Palm & Crystal Readings by none other than Professor M. Find a bauble or two for yourself in our Cauldron of Goodies, come dressed as your favorite "Witch" and receive an additional 10% off our your entire purchase!  So get on your broomsticks & fly down to Enchanted Wings at 3227 West Liberty Avenue in Dormont, PA. for our 1st annual Witch Ride.  See you there!

Ohhhhhh, we love October and all of the Halloween fun.....

Enchantingly Yours,

Boudicca & Vadoma
(Barbara & Jenni)
Enchanted Wings ~

Countess Westmorland

Quote from: April on October 02, 2008, 11:58:17 PM
Countess Westmorland!  That would be awesome!  What time does everyone usually arrive?  It will be my first New Year celebration.

April, I believe it starts at 4.   I don't know when others will arrive.  I know I am coming when Terry gets back from Tonowanda.  He is playing at an Irish Pub there and leaving Sunday AM.  We are usually there every other year in the morning  to decorate but not this year.  But I am hoping to be there by 3:30 to help with last minute things.

I am really getting excited about this.  We need this!
J
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

kilted one

Heather and I may show up at different times due to a game event at the shop (Giant monsters trashing Japanese cities, how cool is that!!).  We, too, are looking forward to this as well.  You can mark down two seats for us.

Thanks
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Sadira

Rafi, Gimp, Sadira, Sarai and Jaya will be there.
When we told Terry we'd be his back up dancers we weren't kidding. Oh Terry, just you wait and see what we have in store ;D

Terry Griffith

This will be the best Samhain ever.  I can't wait.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Richard de Graeme

The veil thins, the bone fire roars
With friends and those who walked before.

The wheel has turned the cycle renewed
Oh, good green Earth with life infused.

Go forth from here in coming year,
And tell all with willing ear

The Tribe is multiplied and strong
Those who sing the ancient song.

All Blessings be upon ye, your kith and kin
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Lady Celynn

Rick, Laurie and I shall be there, and were really looking forward to it.