News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Identify Leather Worker in Texas

Started by KiltedPrivateer, October 02, 2008, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

I'm trying to find a leather working couple who attended the commercial shoot of the faire that shall remain nameless outside Alvin, Texas.  If anyone knows what their website is could you post it here OR if said leather workers find this post could you send me your address via renmail?

Thank You All,

Michael
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

PurpleDragon

While I was present, and filmed during a combat sequence for said commercial, I do not recall any specific leather working couple. Could you perhaps provide more details to help identify them? 
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

KiltedPrivateer

They were there for the filming "as" vendors.  They had laid their wares on the table that was uncovered in the middle of the tents.  I'm certain they frequent these forums, but I may not find them on this thread.  I may be forced post a message in the TRF forum in order to find them.
Lover of Lady Kitara

PurpleDragon

sorry, that doesn't help any more.  If you recall what they had displayed, I might be able to help further.

Is there something in specific you are seeking?  Mayhap I can point you to another leather vendor that could satisfy your needs.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Trillium

If you'd like to move your post to the Texas forum, I'm sure Sir Martin won't mind since it's region specific.
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

The woman part of the couple was sporting a freakin awesome dual dagger holder on very nice leather belt.  If I remember correctly, the holder was cut in the shape of a heart. I would think anyone with an eye for fine leather work would remember that piece.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Zaubon

Was that the couple that moved their shop from Excal that make the beautiful leather bodices?

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Zaubon on October 07, 2008, 05:29:41 PM
Was that the couple that moved their shop from Excal that make the beautiful leather bodices?

Very well could be.  In fact the leather bodices sound familiar.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Magister

Guys:

I'm going to kick this over to the TRF area... since it's more a "where are these people" than a, "I have this for sale" thread.

I hope you find who you are looking for.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

HollyAtFairyEffects

Maybe Rev and Troy from Rev's Armour Werx?  I know that they were supposed to do the nameless faire.  As were we.  They are our next door neighbors at TRF.

www.revsarmourwerx.com

PurpleDragon

Quote from: HollyAtFairyEffects on October 08, 2008, 01:48:57 PM
Maybe Rev and Troy from Rev's Armour Werx?  I know that they were supposed to do the nameless faire.  As were we.  They are our next door neighbors at TRF.

www.revsarmourwerx.com

Nope, they didn't have a booth at Excalibur.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

JackGonzo, MD

But they are next door the Excalibur Leather's 500 booth
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Bonny Pearl

I met Troy at Scarby this spring.  They have some great stuff!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

KiltedPrivateer

They definitely have some great products but not the one item I'm looking for so I don't think they are them.

Thanks for moving this for me.  Hopefully that will help me.
Lover of Lady Kitara

volans

Life tree leather? I sadly don't remember their names, though I should as I've watched their little girl on some occasions while out at fair, but they're an amazing couple and are out of San Antonio, I think. They had the cool looking wood structure out at Excal.
I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty