News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I may fall in love with Star Trek all over again...

Started by Noble Dreg, December 01, 2008, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonslayer808

Went to see the movie today and am very impressed with it.  They did a very good job character development that we as veiwers expected to see and compare.  Injected some humor throughout the movie.  And bedazzled with some state of the art f/x.  All of this without making it look like a old show or movie redo.

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Marietta Graziella

What do you mean, silly?  I alway "trek" thru the desert in heals, short skirt, and a corset. ;)

The one in the red looks like she could beat up Cap't Kirk himself!  Check the scowl!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

dbaldock

Has anyone seen the 19th Century version of Star Trek?

YouTube - Steam Trek

;)  ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Noble Dreg

But how can you tell who is wearing a "red shirt"?

Of course in the silent picture age it would have been Chekov!  ;D
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Tammy

Well, at least you can tell who Spock is!! lol
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Taffy Saltwater

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on June 05, 2009, 08:30:42 AM
What do you mean, silly?  I alway "trek" thru the desert in heals, short skirt, and a corset. ;)

The one in the red looks like she could beat up Cap't Kirk himself!  Check the scowl!

Wouldn't you scowl if you had to schlepp the desert like that?
Sveethot!

Trillium

Hey guys, I need some advice!

My son's daycare is taking the "after-schoolers" to see Star Trek tomorrow and I'm not sure if I should let him go.  I haven't seen it so I don't know...  Their first choice had been Terminator so I'm questioning their ability to select appropriate movies.   ???  My son is 6 has seen (at home) several of the POTC, LOTR, Harry Potter, the first 2 X-Men...  I'm OK with some violence, but don't want much in the way of love scenes or too much gore.

What do you think??? 
Got faerie dust?

Capt. Bacardi

There might be a few things in it that might scare them. Plus I am not sure they might understand everything going on in the movie.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Noble Dreg

Well call me "old Fashioned" but at six I do not feel a child is ready to see this movie.  Small amount of "romance", big scary monster on the ice planet...then again much of Harry Potter is the same eh?  No irreparable harm would come from it...But I'd go see "Up" instead and have a great time ("Up" is fantastic by the way, this coming from a guy whose sick to death of "cartoons"!).

Not appropriate for my child at six.  Then again I was resoundingly chastised for allowing my daughter to see "Aliens", she was eight months old at the time...I think she liked the "colors".   ;D

Just Randall

Sounds to me like the "responsible adults" are going to movies THEY want to see, and not the kids...

What do the other parents think?
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Rani Zemirah

When my daughter was 6 she and I watched the LOTR trilogy in one sitting, and most of what she asked me about the movie was "how did they make that guy look like a real monster?" and "wow, I wish I could ride on a walking tree for real, and not just in a movie!!!"...

She had a pretty early grasp of real vs. imaginary/fake/movie magic, but I still don't let her watch violent shows/movies based on real events, or even things that could possibly happen.  It's one thing when you're looking at a computer generated dragon or orc, but something else entirely when you watch the CSI opening sequence and see the ax descending toward the head of the reenactment mannequin.

Btw... she enjoyed Star Trek, although not with the same fervor that her mother did... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Trillium

We decided last night not to let him go, since we haven't seen it yet.  I don't understand why they aren't going to see Up or Night at the Museum, it would make a lot more sense.  I don't think I'm the only parent that questioned their first choice (Terminator) so they changed it to Star Trek, which is better but still PG13.  The majority of these kids are between 6 and 10???
Got faerie dust?