News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Forum Goodies (my wish list).

Started by Noble Dreg, May 13, 2008, 09:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble Dreg

Hey 'mins, thanks for all the hard work!  I have seen a couple of posts asking for "goodies" (avatars and such).  May I ask for a way to shut them off?  Perhaps there is but I am a tad dumb on such things.  It would be nice to set my preferences to not show avatars, signatures, and the like (nothing wrong here, just seen some very irritating ones elsewhere).  I almost hate to bring it up but an "ignore member" feature would be nice (though a rare thing to use, having one can make for a better experience). 

Just a few thoughts...you asked!  ;D

Oh, I do like the new emote's, but this guy is still a tad creepy ---->  :-*
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

DeadBishop

Hi Dreg,

I've been looking over the options on this new site, and there is a way to "shut off" avatars and signatures.  Go to your profile, and click on "Look and Layout Preferences".  There you have the option to check "Don't show users' avatars", and "Don't show users' signatures."

I think those are the options you are looking for.  :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Noble Dreg

Found it!...sometimes ya just gotta lead the mule to water...
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

DeadBishop

Quote from: Noble Dreg on May 13, 2008, 09:55:07 PM
Found it!...sometimes ya just gotta lead the mule to water...

And even then you have to grab it by the mane and give it a good dunk...  ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Noble Dreg

Hey, just stumbled on another cool feature, while responding to a thread I got this..."Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post".  Well how cool is that!

Zoë

Over on another forum board I frequent that's for a pretty popular webcomic, they use the same system as this board--so every night when the new comic goes up, the board explodes with activity, so sometimes you get "Warning - while you were typing 10 new replies have been posted," it's really funny.  One night when the comic was really "wow" material I swear I got one that said that there had been upwards of 75 posts in the time it had taken me to type mine.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mistress Charlotte

I would like Friday's to officially be Aloha Fridays and everyone has to wear a tropical shirt.... and how about a pot luck on Sundays.  I'll bring brownies.

:-*
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."