News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Important Occasion!

Started by Trigger, February 16, 2009, 02:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigger

I need your help! My boyfriend is an active-duty Marine stationed in NC, but will be home on leave in April for his 23rd birthday before he gets deployed in May. I would really, really, really appreciate it if you guys could help me make this a really special birthday for him. It is the weekend of April 18/19 (the 18th being his birthday). His mom is wanting to bring him a big cake (if that is allowed, does anyone know? I know I saw a birthday cake out there before but want to make absolutely sure before we make any definite plans). I don't really know what to do to make this completely memorable for him, but I know you guys are incredibly creative and supportive of fellow fairemily so I thought I would lay this out on the table to see if anyone has any ideas. Much appreciated! <3

-Trigger
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

SirRichardBear

If he would like to be in the parade and he is in grab, he will be welcomed to march with the Queen's Own Highlanders if he is kilted great if not we'll find him some plaid to wear for the parade.  Or I'm sure the English royal guard will find him a place to walk with them.

You can have him presented at the scottish court we'll give him a loud cheer and our best wises he doesn't need to be in grab for that.  See Queen Maggie secretary any time before court to arrange that if you're not sure who that is come by the cottage before parade and one of the officers will be able to point you in the right direction. 

You could ask Iris and Rose to sing him a song. You could ask the pub singers to sing happy birthday to him during the pub song.

As for the cake I suggest contacting the faire through their web site. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Berit

Trigger,
Fear not.  Birthday cakes are always welcome.  You might have to fight for a table to put it on  but cakes are allowed.  I must caution you that other food and beverage is not allowed inside the grounds.  Outside - have at it.