News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shakespears Grand Opening Garbed Event

Started by Julianne, April 06, 2009, 10:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julianne

The owners of Churchill's have opened a new pub called Shakespears (it's the former Molly Brannigans).

They have graciously invited us to help with their Grand Opening this Saturday, April 11th.
We are to attend IN GARB and mingle among the patrons and just generally have a good time.
If you have English, Shakespearian/Elizabethan era garb that is preferred regardless of class.  It is NOT a requirement however....just being garbed is. :)

It starts at 4pm and goes until whenever.
There will be a piper at 4pm and a (regular cover) band later.

The location of Shakespears is the NW corner of Baseline and Val Vista.

PLEASE NO WEAPONRY OF ANY KIND.

;D :D ;) :P 8)

See everyone then!

Lord Figaro

Man that's a bummer I wish we lived a lot closer for these kind of things. That would be a lot of fun.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Julianne

Comte de Gilbert

Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

Well?

How was it?, reports and pictures for those of us stuck on the East Coast at a frigging trade show!

VDA
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Julianne

It was great!!!

I think most of the pix are on myspace.

There is chatter about having our "weekly's" alternate between Shakespear's and Churchill's but none of that has been figured out yet.
There are some who would like to do a garbed event once a month as well.  We'll see.  Personally I'm probably not going to garb in hot months.
:)

For all the details Viscomte I guess you'll have to join us at Churchills this Friday.  Same RenTime same RenPlace.

Marcos Charron

Jules

Agreed on all parts!

I will be there on Friday, with gifts for my French brothers!

VDA

Comte de Gilbert

we had a fantastic time!!! there was a great turnout, wish you were there. i'm also not too sure about garbing in the heat.

had my first surgery today, all went well. We'll have to see howwell I am navigating on crutches come friday, but I so want to be there
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

Julianne

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Julianne on April 15, 2009, 04:49:56 PM
Comte had knee surgery. 

Bummer!

Then my little present for him will be well thought then.

Viscomte