News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who is excited?

Started by FaeHollow, June 03, 2009, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaeHollow

I know it is only June but... who is aching for faire to be here already??? I know I am! :D:D:D
What are you most excited about and what traditions do you look forward to all year?
Leigh

Breandan

Normally, we go through a cycle of doing faire, being exhausted for a month, and by January craving it again. This year was different, because both my wife and I were on active duty deployments until just recently, so our faire-craving kicked in early and with such an overdrive that we drove the ten-frillion miles to Scarby to attend there. Didn't work, twas but methadone for the TRF addiction  ;D

So, yes, we're already excited, just plowing through a lot of picking-up-the-pieces of returning and re-adjusting to quasi-civilian life again. Hell, the week I got back (she beat me home by a couple of weeks), my wife hauled me out to faire to check on the smithy and started working on the upstairs portion again. So, we'll probably be out there several times a week as soon as I am recovered enough to walk without assistance months before faire even opens. So, yes, excited ;D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Just Randall

Welcome home, brother, glad you're home safe.
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Pat McGroin

I have to agree with captfletcher. Welcome home and glad that you both are safe.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

Willa Swallow

Well I know I'm very excited.  All Hallow's Eve will be the first time all of the Bayou Scoundrels will be together at faire.  well, almost all of them.  We'll only be mising 2.

THELADYKAT

Well this year I will be bring out my Son. I will be a First time mommy and this will be his First Fair not in my tummy he was kinda at TRF that is where he was you know then he was in my belly at Scarby so I can't wait.
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

Sabrina Black

I sooooooo want to be there!  Just gotta figure out the possibilities and work out if I'm going to be "allowed" to go with one group or if I will be putting together a different group.  Either way, I will work it out and go.  Just did GARF and had a blast and already craving faire again. :D
Wench-in-training

wyckdblyss

I will be bringing out the little pirate for for his first time @ TRF...he was almost there last year, being born on opening day and all. I am looking forward to starting new traditions with him, TRF will be his birthday celebration every year until he is old enough to tell me he does not want to do it anymore (which will hopefully be never).
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

FaeHollow

I am excited that all hallows IS on Halloween this year! Thats so exciting... the perfect halloween party. You are already in costume and having more fun than you would at any other halloween party anyway! lol
Leigh

Tessa

I'm excited for sure.  I usually go on All Hallows and maybe once afterward when the weather is cooler.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

eloquentXI

I'm very very excited, and should have my steampunk costume ready for the its second debut after AnimeFest, with enough time to modify and such. *bounces* I can't wait to see everyone and I can't wait to go and spend my day hanging out at the Sea Devil or meandering around with friends.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Bonny Pearl

I'm so excited I can't stand it!   ;D :o

It's not even officially summer yet and i'm waiting for fall, lol.  It's gonna be a looonnngggg summer!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

I am excited in a different way! I will MOST LIKELY be on cast there this year in the German court. I say most likely because there is paperwork that is being filed that I had to mail off today. I am so excited about it! I have wanted to do it for a few years but always had conflicts and this year I was like whatever lets make TRF my conflict for everything else. I cannot wait for this whole process to start next month and it will be so interesting to see everything from the other side of the fence as cast and not just patron! :D
Leigh

isisdy

Excited???? This is bigger that Christmas....lol. We have been planning on doing faire since the last day we attended last year!!! This year we will have quite a few more people with us as well as joining ML this year. So yeah we are definately excited. ;D ;D ;D

Rani Zemirah

This will be my first time at TRF, and All Hallows promises to be simply unforgettable!!!  I get that little thrill of anticipation every time I think about it!!!  LOL

Can't wait for the camping experience, either... or to hang out with all the wonderful folks I met at Scarby who will be there as well!   ;D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede