News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone familar with the Knights outfit in Assassins Creed?? Need Help

Started by Carpathian, June 18, 2009, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpathian

My boyfriend has finally said he will dress up for the renfair, but he wants this particular outfit made, do you know of any company...simplicity, McCalls, etc that make a pattern close to this character?  I can alter to make it exact but I need a base to start with.  Have any of you seen anything close to this pattern???   ???
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!  :-)

LadyShadow

I have seen companies selling this garb piece.  Well several pieces, anyways.  I think there are a few patterns taht can be altered to fit it.  Let me double check things.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

DragonWing

Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

LadyShadow

These are the only 2 knight pics that I could find from Assassins Creed.  (Sorry it has been a while since I last played the game.)

And depending on which you want to go with... McCalls has these two patterns that I think could easily work for what you are looking for.  Minus a couple of changes here and there.

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Manwariel

I've never played the game, but that's a nifty costume. There are various vendors who sell it pre-made, like this one and this one and I'm sure you can find more on Google.

Here's a tunic pattern. View C looks like it would require very little altering for that. A hood pattern is also included in that one. It isn't quite right but you might be able to alter it enough.

I suggest Googling "Assassin's creed costume pattern." You'll find all the suggestions other people have given and ways other people have made the outfit.

Carpathian

Awesome thank you all!!  That last pattern just might work, with of course a few changes, I will post pictures when I get it made!  (Which obviously will be a couple of weeks here!!  LOL)
Thank you thank you thank you!

Tammy

This makes me think of a Templar Knights outfit...you might wanna check out this thread...
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=72.2520
Lots of the fellows here could help you in assembling this sort of outfit.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Carpathian

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

M'Lady, I can't see the images that are posted here while at work, but thanks to the very kind words and thoughtful guidance provided by the Lady Tammy ;), I can assure you that any of my Brothers on the "Following Orders" thread would be more than willing to answer questions, and steer you in the much sought after direction.

Please take note that these are representations of outfits used in a video game, that is loosely based off of events from 1191-1193 time frame. (Third Crusade)  Although close house hold troops might have worn identifying uniforms/surcoats, the majority of foot soldiers and secular knights would have shown up to the party in "as is" condition.

The three types of coats they sell that aren't Assassin sect related are the following:

1.   Lionheart Quilted Gambeson : worn by both foot soldiers and archers in King Richard's company. This heavy quilted cotton gambeson is quartered in off-white and blood red with two lions rampant on the chest.

2.   William of Montferrat Tunic : Quartered in off-white and blood red panels with back-to-back gold embroidered lions rampant and antique gold trims.

3.   Robert de Sable Tunic: Robert de Sable was the proud leader of the Knights Templar and the sworn enemy of the Assassin Order. This heavy off-white cotton tunic has a matching lining. This is also a clear cut case of over embellishment on the part of the game producer and retailer. It seems they think that nobody would take Master de Sable's position seriously, unless he had gold flourishes added to his attire to make him important. This specifically violates the Rule of the Temple in which their lives were governed.

We can answer more specific questions if you or he, have any. You can post here or hit us up with a PM.

We can recommend more historically accurate approaches if that's what you're looking for. (it ain't cheap ;)  )
Hope this helps.

Pax vobiscum! ;D

Carpathian

Just a fun FYI...We have started work on the outfit, he is doing the leather working and I am working with the tunic and coif/hood all out of a heavy off white muslin.  Anyone know a inexpensive place to pick up footwear?

Elennare

Thrift Stores!  Whatever your local variety happens to be...Salvation Army, Goodwill, Value Village, etc.

They're a bit hit-or-miss, so you may have to check several or check back multiple times, but when you find stuff, they can't be beat.

:)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Invest a few shiny coins in a few questionable, roguish pirate types, to lay in hiding for weaker Faire folk to exit their Renaissance Kingdoms, then ambush and steal (appropriate) much desired footware!  :P ;D

Carpathian

LMAO...that is a great idea!!  Why didn't I think of that!!   ;D

Aelynn of Georgina

My husband and son both play this game, and my husband feels much the same as your boyfriend... if he's going to go, he wants to wear something he really likes. I found this website with a great costume available for sale, but I thought that even the photos might be helpful in your efforts to recreate it.
It seems fairly simple, but the coif and helm might be something to purchase.

http://www.authenticwardrobe.com/Templars/templars.html

Hope this helps, even in some small way.
Good luck, and be sure to post pics of the finished product! :)