News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Cullinary Delights of TRF

Started by Blue66669, June 24, 2009, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: bellevivre on June 24, 2009, 12:36:02 PM
And what's wrong with a pile of meat and chips, i ask you!?

MMMM... faire food- this is NOT fair!!!

No fair no faire!

I can haz faire nao? kthxbai

Now i'm getting hungry, damn it!  And me on a diet! GRRRRR! >:(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

bellevivre

Oy Fraser, me too- and damn sabotage everywhere I go!

*sigh*

BUT! Diets do not exist in New Market Village! They hadnt been INVENTED YET!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: bellevivre on June 24, 2009, 12:47:15 PM
Oy Fraser, me too- and damn sabotage everywhere I go!

*sigh*

BUT! Diets do not exist in New Market Village! They hadnt been INVENTED YET!!!

That's why i do it now... Holidays/Faire it's all about *nom nom nom*

i have to fit into me kilt though. :(
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Queen Bonnie

I love the big burgers and Reubens in the German section. I usually split one with a friend. love the Prime Rib  and fish and chips at the POW. I ADORED the king's feast. Good friends treated me last year! Wow!
I would do it again- if my alchemy was doing better! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Taffy Saltwater

I was thoroughly unimpressed w/the fish & chips at the POW - dry, yet greasy.  I always start the day w/a Scotch egg.  Sometime during the day I'll get a fruit & cheese platter.  I like a pretzel at the joust.   Mostly I like to wander around sipping a Spanish Sunrise and and partaking of  a Sweet *itch, or two, during Iris & Rose.
Sveethot!

Hercules

Do the Scottish eggs get worse towards the last weekends? I noticed at Scarborough the eggs (maybe the cooking oil?) seem to get a little "dated" by Memorial day.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

bellevivre

lol i dont care for Scotch eggs, so couldnt tell you...

I will say, I dont buy Fish & Chips at TRF... no where (not even anywhere we found in the UK!) does a better fish supper than the booth at Scarby back by Dra and Cast in Bronze...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Taffy Saltwater

I've had an egg or two that wasn't great, but don't recall if it was later, rather than early, in the season.
Sveethot!

Hercules

Quote from: bellevivre on June 24, 2009, 02:56:30 PM
I will say, I dont buy Fish & Chips at TRF... no where (not even anywhere we found in the UK!) does a better fish supper than the booth at Scarby back by Dra and Cast in Bronze...

YES! I found that place when the delightful smell found it's way to me while waiting for Dr. Kaboom! Their Salmon medallions are a little iffy, but the fish is great!   
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Now i had some Gyro's, last year, that were fantastic... and the Greek sausage as well.   
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Molden

Yup ... pretty much agree with many here, n' add a few o' me own:

Scotch Eggs
Beef Empanadas in the Tex-Mex area of the food court
Fish n Chips at th' Sea Devil/POW
PRIME RIB TRENCHER @ POW w/ th' Horseradish sauce!!!
gyros in the Greek section
and an evening cappacino with a cigar at the area with the purple awnings toward the front section of faire.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Bonny Pearl

we have a little tradition with our son after fireworks.  at least a few times during the season we go to the front where the really yummy hot chocolate/coffees and sweet nom noms are served.  it's kinda nice to just sit and relax for a few minutes at the end of the faire day and then get ourselves in gear for the camping festivities.

i can't recall the name of the place, but i think it is the same place or right next to where molden mentioned cigars and cappacino's.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Var Greyshadow

That would be Indulgences!  Yummy stuff!

I'm looking forward to the fish-n-chips at the POW, the reubens, scotch eggs aare always a good snack, and I may have to get a bread bowl this year.  It's been a while since I had one.  Oh, and we'll hit the Agora at least once - I love the corfu wraps!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Zaubon

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on June 24, 2009, 01:52:53 PM
I love the big burgers and Reubens in the German section. I usually split one with a friend. love the Prime Rib  and fish and chips at the POW. I ADORED the king's feast. Good friends treated me last year! Wow!
I would do it again- if my alchemy was doing better! LOL!
That does it! One of the big three weekends I will take you out to the campground and show you what a real Rueben is. The stuff they serve inside just doesn't count. Too bad you can't stay after dark. I've been informed that I will be making Wiener Schnitzel again this season.

Bonny Pearl

Yes Indulgences!  Thanks Var, that was starting to bug me!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88