News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Cullinary Delights of TRF

Started by Blue66669, June 24, 2009, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

OOOH! I am sure it will be a treat! I love Reubens! I adore wiener schnitzel too! I know you are a fab chef Zaubon!
Alas! I can't drive after dark. I usually ride with Cat- c.dragonworks. I stay with her at faire.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Anna Iram

I always have to post this in you all's thread about good things to eat at TRF.

I had the best breakfast ever one morning. A Bloody Mary and a batter friend sausage on a stick. Found it in one of the center lanes I think.  I'm telling you...it was seriously good.

Hercules

Quote from: Anna Iram on June 24, 2009, 07:11:13 PM
A Bloody Mary and a batter friend sausage on a stick.

They had some batter-fried German sausage at Scarborough and I've been jonesing for another one since. I better double time the gym. Between the booze and the grub I'm gonna gain 10lbs a day in October.   
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Anna Iram

Yes *fried*!  :D

Wonder if it was the same vendor? Hope fully someone can point the way for you.

Gotta work off the grub with some wench chasing!  ;D I read your post about more wenches in the Rendezvous vote thread. Made me laugh.  :) :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

There was something i had last year... Dagger blades?  Chicken breast, on a stick, from the Falconer's Inn.  Yummy!
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Aiacha

I'd like to digress from the culinary delights for a moment and reflect on the libations available.  Now, I'm sure this is not something I will do often, but last year, surrounded by my pirate bretheren, we indulged on three bottles of mead from Indulgences.  This is the second year we're done this (first year was a bottle of wine with far fewer people around the table) but this is turning into my favorite event for Pirate Weekend.  (too bad I'll miss this year)

To bring this back onto topic...I've become a fan of the berry cobbler near the front.  MmmmmMMMMmmm...

Hercules

If 'libations' refers to boozing then I agree wit'cha. There's something about draft Widmer that just tastes right. And usually I bring a flask (or two) with my special blend or good old fashion straight tequila....to keep me warm.   

Merlin

Being new to TRF...I'll follow others leads but some of my fave Ren foods are:

Scotch Eggs

Steak on a Stick

Sausage on a stick

Gyros
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

*Teach*

Best libation I ever found was a spur of the moment idea from Lady Mum
We were all about to freeze closing weekend a couple of years ago (that horrible saturday of rain and sleet and nastiness) when we all decided hot chocolate would be perfect start for the morning. Lady Mum thought of adding coconut rum to hers and of course we all jumped on board that plan. Made us much warmer and toasty.
Now Hot chocolate just aint right without the coconut rum in it.

*somehow she just knew I had a boda bag full of rum... don't know why she would have thought that*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Bonny Pearl

Hey Teach...Vanilla Rum and hot chocolate is extra yummy too!  Try it some time.  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Hercules

Is Rum or any other hard-stuff sold at TRF?

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Hercules on June 25, 2009, 10:47:10 AM
Is Rum or any other hard-stuff sold at TRF?

Nope.  Think of TRF as sort of an icehouse.  They sell beer, wine and mead.  Flasks are recommended.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Hercules

Do'oh! I have three flasks right now and thanks to 'sampling' they don't last the day at Scarborough. But what man can deny a thirsty wench?

*Teach*

lol
I walk in with 5-6 flasks and a boda bag full of rum and leave each day nearly empty
My theory is... the faster I drink it, the lighter I will be

*I have no idea how I walk out straight(ish) after the fifth of rum is gone...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Blushing

I might have to get a flask so I can share my favorite concoction (called nuts and berries).

But as for food ... the only thing I remember having at TRF last season on my single visit was the King's Buns (near Sound and Fury) and melted chocolate from indulgences.  They were fantastic ... although Ii'm sure I ate other things that trip!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~