News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Making kidskin gloves

Started by bellevivre, June 24, 2009, 12:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

I'm planning a surprise pair of embroidered, couched kidskin gloves for my hubby for TRF- was planning on using the Butterick pattern.

Anyone used this pattern? advice? I have attempted one pair of gloves from instructions to hand draft and the result was a child-sized hand- lol useable only as a belt favor! I'm opting for leather this time as the turnings wont be as difficult as fabric is... I'm good with hand sewing, so that's a plus!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

LadyShadow

There has been someone on this forum that has used that pattern and had good results.  I hope they chime in and help you out.  Best of luck.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

It was I.

The gloves are designed one size fits all... BUT they truely fit the larger hands best unless you sew them down to size. Make a muslin of them first and learn, you'll learn even more when making the 2nd pair. Make sure the curve of the gussett is on the inside (away from the fingernail) side of the glove. Hope this helps out some.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e