News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

We may actually take part in TRF this year, since we were ripped off on our SWFF season.
Stupid viri
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

Yrose

Yeah, still hanging out in the middle of no where. Hill county has been at 19 cases for 3 weeks now. Talked to Fraser and he's doing good. He can do logistics anywhere.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

KiltedPrivateer

Peeking in. Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Sir Martin

So far, so good over here.  I only know of one person who got ill, and he was a childhood friend who now lives in Massachusetts.  He's recovered.  Wishing you all the best of health, and hopefully TRF will provide us some much needed escapism in a few months.

Trillium

So glad to hear everyone is doing good! We are ok also. Still out of work and frustrated. Hopefully the governor will have good news Monday but at this point I suspect we will be kept closed a little longer...
Planning for the fall, prepping gear and planning sewing projects. Trying to be hopeful for the fall!!
Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

As we all need our faire fix, TRF is on every ones mind.  If management requested it, would you wear a face mask to attend?  I would but I have no idea how I would swill my ale.  Possibly I will have to get a straw.
Stay safe, my friends.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Great question.
I have mostly quit wearing a mask. I don't see the point. And at an open air faire, or just at faire in general, I'm thinking my anti-bodies are strengthened, just being around rennies (o:
No, no mask for me.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

If it means the difference between faire and no faire? He'll yeah I'll wear a mask. I'll make one to match each outfit!
Got faerie dust?

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Trillium on May 17, 2020, 05:51:53 PM
If it means the difference between faire and no faire? He'll yeah I'll wear a mask. I'll make one to match each outfit!

^ THIS
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

KeeperoftheBar

The Powers That Be at TRF have announced that tentatively performers, workers and vendors will be required to wear masks this upcoming season.  Guests will be encouraged to wear them also.  This is from an announcement on their FB page.  I'd copy it here but I am not that tricky.
Looks like I will have to solve my ale drinking problem.  But mask or no mask, I plan to attend as often as I can.  I need my faire fix.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on May 29, 2020, 08:30:45 AM
The Powers That Be at TRF have announced that tentatively performers, workers and vendors will be required to wear masks this upcoming season.  Guests will be encouraged to wear them also.  This is from an announcement on their FB page.  I'd copy it here but I am not that tricky.
Looks like I will have to solve my ale drinking problem.  But mask or no mask, I plan to attend as often as I can.  I need my faire fix.

I recommend creative straw design.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KeeperoftheBar

I don't know if Fraser will be able to keep the countdown going this year, but I will do my best to see it continues for him.  We can't let the tradition end.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

I'm sure there are quite a few lurkers that will pitch in as well Lord Keeper (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara