News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Friday Trip to Cave of the Winds

Started by Tanda, July 04, 2009, 02:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanda

Next Friday (the 10th for those keeping track), I will be sojourning to the Springs to partake in the delight that is the Cave of the Winds. I would love to have company!  Not sure when exactly, but that's fairly flexible. If the Caves don't take all day (and I suspect they don't), I'll be looking for other fun things to do as well - including, but not limited to dinner.

It's a long way to drive to not put in a full day.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Radu the Gypsy

Tanda

More Information!

We will be taking the Discovery Tour.
The cost is $18 for adults and $9 for children.
Radu doesn't know it yet, but we're planning on leaving the Denver area around 9am. This means we will probably do a 10:30 or 11:00 tour.

Manitou Springs is looking like the afternoon plan, but we haven't decided on lunch or dinner yet.

C'mon, you know you want to. ;)

Radu the Gypsy

I'll make sure not to tell him then.  Since its a secret and all...

Francisco Paula

I tried to go there but didn't want to wait 1 hour and 20 mins but i went around 4:20 on wednesday.

Hmm wonder if i can get off work.

Tanda

Quote from: Sir Garath on July 06, 2009, 06:49:12 PM
I tried to go there but didn't want to wait 1 hour and 20 mins but i went around 4:20 on wednesday.

Hmm wonder if i can get off work.

It's ok, we'll bring games to play while we wait. I'm a really good waiter.

Francisco Paula

My co-worker is trying to get me to take that day off.

Francisco Paula

If you two don't mind i would love to join you. Time works great for me and as for lunch i'm not a picky person i will eat just about anything.

Tanda

By all means! Come explore dank, dark places with us!

We'll figure out lunch and stuff there, I think. I just don't know the area enough to say where we'll meet for that.

Blushing

Sounds like fun, but I'll be working as usual.  But I can offer some ideas for lunch ...

Montague's on Tejon Street (I think) south of downtown have great salads, sandwiches, soups, pastries and TEAS.  A coffee drinking friend says her cup was awesome too.

There's also lots of great places downtown, Il Vicino for pizzas and salads, Jimmy Johns for subs, and also ethnic places, depending on your tastes.

Manitou Springs also has some great places: Adam's Mountain Cafe specializes in vegetarian dishes but they have something for everyone, and the Dutch Kitchen has great sandwiches and such (no Dutch food, but I've been told the pie is to die for).
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Hey- Arent You?

You guys.... watch out for cave hamsters.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Radu the Gypsy

Of course I mind! Ow! *Rubs back of head where Tanda smacked him* Er, seems I forgot the word Dont in there somewhere.....

OK, Gareth, you and the Rat are on Cave Hamster Patrol then.