News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by Athena, May 20, 2008, 03:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Currently a compilation that I arranged of Loreena Mckennitt and The Dead can Dance. It has been getting some heavy playtime here at the fortress.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Nicolette

Nice segue-ing material, Sir William! 
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

NoBill Lurker

For those that want a little something different, look for a group called the "The Cherry Cokes". Their a group from Japan that worships Flogging Molly. So think of FM but with lyrics in Japanese! (It's really quite good   ;D )
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

lowlandscot

Since Ronnie Drew passed last Saturday, I've been wearing out my Dubliners CDs.

RenaissanceInBlood

Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend
Brobdignagian Bards
and video game music.

festmum

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 04, 2008, 07:53:45 AM
Currently a compilation that I arranged of Loreena Mckennitt and The Dead can Dance. It has been getting some heavy playtime here at the fortress.

Ahh...I love both of them!  I forgot to load my Dead Can Dance on my I-pod so I've been missing them a lot.

Michael Hedges is always good to listen to as well!

Lady Nicolette

Today was Toad The Wet Sprocket's "Fear," and Derek and the Dominos.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Athena

Nyaz - Nine Heavens
Elvis Costello - Momofuku

Discs I picked up at faire last weekend from Djilia Phralengo, Cantiga, and Crannog.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Anna Iram

Dang there was some some good music at MIRF!

Djilia Phrelango for now..they were so darn good!

Soon to tear open Owain Phyfe and Cranog. :) :)

Poldugarian Warrior

The drummer is exceptionally good in Djilia Phrelango, she uses the stage as her bass drum and has a
tambouring laying on the ground so as she stomps the tamb is also being played. Awesome stuff, and the addition of the guy from Gutterpups and the mandolin player gives the band a fully sound, and the singer and guitar players skills have just gotten more refined over the years. It was towards the end of the day when I caught their last tune, but man they rocked it out. I look forward to seeing a full set later this season.

Sir Gawain

really ,can't say enough about djilia phralengo,what a great group,and I really enjoyed the addition of "johnny Red" on Bass. Actually all the music acts at Michigan are first class, Owain,cantiga,crannog, kevin tyler, and seeing Tartanic again was awesome. I do miss the lane acts though,it's hard to enjoy crannog at the pub because of the busy atmosphere, I much preferred a more intimate setting better than the cacaphony of the pub.

If ya ever get a chance to see "Carl Asch"  or his band "Empty hats" you would be amazed. He is a classically trained musician and has an awesome voice. His "compass rose" CD has a cover song on it from the scorpions called "still lovin' you", that sent goosebumps down me arms. I know he plays "Sterling "and "Parf" and possibly some other east coast festivals,but secretly would love to see him in Michigan too.

Athena

I agree! The caliber of musicians at MIRF just can't be beat!

Listening to Silent Lion's Into the Medieval World and dreaming of faire...
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Amras Elfwine

Albannach...The Eye of the Storm.
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on September 30, 2008, 09:05:33 AM
Albannach...The Eye of the Storm.
Now would that be there newest album or is that one they already made?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Cloverpogue

A Hard Days Night~
I love The Beatles  :D
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~