News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Amy of York back in hospital

Started by Master James, July 21, 2009, 04:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

How did I miss your birthday  ???

well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  ;D I hope it was a FANTASTIC one, you DEFINITELY deserve it!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, thinking good thoughts, and sending lots of strenght & healing your way  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Had  the biopsy  done. Now  we  just have  to wait  for  the  results.   hate  waiting.

I have   a hormone  condition  called  Poly Cystic  Ovarian  syndrome  (  why i had such  a hard  time getting pregnant,  and  when i  did,    almost lost  me  and  the  baby,  and  also  why i  now  have   diabetes),and   my menstrual   cycles  have  never been regular  since  my  son was born,  and    the last 2   i had  significant blood loss  .
So because of  the blood loss, my history of  PCOS,  and  the  severe anemia  i  have  all of  a sudden despite  being on the  iron supplements,   the  doctors  today  felt it  would  be  very beneficial  for  my health, if  i have a  complete  hysterectomy  done.

The  plans  are to have  it  done  some time  next month. Suppose  to call me  later  this  week  to schedule.   They  want  my blood  count  to improve  first.

I pray  that the hysterectomy  is   will relive  alot of  my  symptoms  if  not  all of  them.  The  doctors  seem to feel it  will make  a great improvement in  my health.

so for now, sit and  wait,  and  try  to remain  focus  and  calm,  etc....   ::) :P
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lordwriothsley

As always prayers and good thoughts continue to come your way Amy. Please continue to keep us updated on how you are doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Thanks Lord W. i am just resting and taking it easy.  Trying to build  my red  blood  cell  count  back up,  and   take  my  iron supplements  to imrove  my anemia,  for  they  won't  do  the  surgery until  eveything imroves,  cause  there is  a risk i  could  go into  shock.
   So  throwing  down these  lovely  iron pills  which make  me  sick  to  my  stomach, but i do what i  have  to  do. 

also am  waiting  for  the  results  of  the  biopsy...  sigh...waiting  and  waiting...

for  some reason i feel like  my guardian  angels  were watching over me, and  i was  meant  to pass out  at  faire.  Cause  i finally have  found  a  doctor  who has actually  said  " I  think i can help  you,  and  improve  your  health  quite  a bit."
So hoping  and praying  that  this is  finally  the  answer we have   been looking  for.

laedyfaire

Well, that is def. a silver lining amy..that this doctor will help you! keep me posted. ?

RenRobin

Amy,
I tried the iron pill route and they did not help me, but an infusion did...pricey, but my ins. paid for it since it was done in office.  Man can I tell when my iron goes down now...the difference is unbelievable.
Good Luck, you remain in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

lordwriothsley

Amy I had no idea that they wanted to do surgery on you for this. What kind of surgery do they want to do if you don't mind me asking?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Lord W,  the  doctor  felt that the severe anemia i had  maybe  caused  by a hormone imbalance  that I have  and   so they are planning  to do a complete  hysterectomy.
  The only thing is  they have  to wait for  two things  first before  they  do the surgery.
    They have  to wait  for the  results of  the   biopsy  to make  sure  I don't have  uterine    cancer, and  they also are waiting  for  my red  blood cell count  and  iron  count  to improve  cause it is  very low  right  now.

Renrobin..they mention  to me  when i was in the hospital  that  they might  do   blood  transfusion, but so far  they have me  just taking  the  iron supplements  which as i have already mention make  be  feel  yucko.  Much rather have  a transfusion  I  think.

Anna Iram

Amy, I'm so glad to hear you've finally found a doctor who can help you. :)

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Anna Iram on August 05, 2009, 09:59:05 PM
Amy, I'm so glad to hear you've finally found a doctor who can help you. :)

Me too !  :)    I  was  begginning to wonder if  there were any  decent  doctors  left in  this  area ,  who took the  time  to listen  to  you,  and  treat you like  a human being,  and  try  to help  you, etc.   
   It only took me passing out at faire.  Who knew  ren faires  could  be  so  good  for  your  health !  :)

Tygrkat

Lady Amy, I am SO GLAD you finally found a doctor who could give you answers and offer solutions and a treatment plan!  ;D

*hugs*

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up at Faire, but I am thrilled for you that you're on your way to being healthier!

...I just had a thought (look out!  :P lol!), if the iron suppliment pills are bothering your stomach, maybe a liquid suppliment would be easier for you to tolerate. I've used one called Floradix before, the people at the health food store where I used to work recommended it often (and it's actually pretty yummy, too). Here's some info:

http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/usa/products/r64771.asp

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Anna Iram

This is an excellent product! I had my own struggles with anemia a couple of years back and though it is still just a supplement and not probably going to work miracles, I found it helped.  Very easy to take, tastes good and easy on your tummy.  Ask your doc about it.

Rani Zemirah

Amy, I am so happy to hear that you're finally getting the answers you've been seeking for so long!!!  Congratulations, dear friend!  Now to just take it easy and build your strength so that you can get this taken care of, and I pray that you'll be able to get back to enjoying your life again!!!  You might take a look at a few dietary websites to see what foods help to build up the blood, also...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Amy of York

I'm hanging in there.  I caled  my  doctor  and  he  switched me   to a different  form of  iron,  although it still  does  not agree  very  well  with  my  stomach.
  I  have  lost  about 8 pounds.  Keep this up and  I will have  to get  new  garb  next  year  for  faire.  Hmmm...new  garb...maybe  these  iron pills  are not too bad  after all ! :) ;) ::)

I  am still running a  slight  elevated temp,  and  i  continue  to  sometimes  get  dizzy.  I still get  the  numbness and  fast plase  rate, but i know  aneimia  can  cause  that  so i am hoping  it will all be a  thing  of   the past  before  too long.   My  vision get  very bluury  which is  one  reason i have  not been  on here much. Hard  to see  the  screen.

Yes, i am glad that i have finally found  a doctor  who maybe  able  to help me.  Lord knows it has been  along  five years.
My health  first went  down hill when i was  pregnat  with  my  son.  They  almost lost me  and  him.  He  was born healthy, but my health  continued to deteriorate, which was  devasting  to me  cause here i had  a new  baby at home.
I spent four years  going  to neurologists   who tested me  for  just about everything in the book.

I finally asked  for  my recors  and  thank goodness i did. Cause my neurologist i was s eeing  negeglected  to tell  me  i  had a tumor on my spine. I ended up having surgery last year to remove  the  tumor, which thank goodness  i  did, because  they  found  that  the  tumor  was  wrapping it's  self  around  my heart, and  i  could have  been  dead  a few  months  down  the  road.

ten everything seemed  find  up until this  spring when i started  getting  dizzy  spells,  and  actually passed out  twice  at home.  i keept telling my  doctor  something is  not  right,  but i  got nowhere.   so  i started watching  what i ate,  and  did  alot of  research on  different illnesses  , etc.   when i rread  about anemia, i  insisted that i get tested,  and  bingo  i was  anemic. the only  thing was  the  doctors   did not tell me  i was  as severe  as i was.  did  not  find  that out until i passed  out  at faire.

so yea, i am praying that i finally have  found  a  doctor  who is  going to help  me.  i have  been  impressed  with him  so far.  he  takes  the  time  to talk  to you,  and  listen  to what  you have  to  say.

***************************************************************************************************

As i was  typing  this  the phone  rang  and it was  the  nurse  from the  new  doctor  i am  seeing.    I  am scheduled  for  surgery  on September  9 at  the hospital in Oswego.

I am nervous. i know  it is  not life  threatening  like  my surgery last  year, but still it is  surgery.

renren

Yay for the new doc!
((((hugs))))

Everyone gets nervous before surgery..just keep thinking about feeling better!
Thanks for the update, been wondering how you were!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL