News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

looks like it will be another wet weekend

Started by duffy, July 21, 2009, 05:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazworth

Quote from: duffy on July 27, 2009, 10:09:06 PM
we plan on being there sunday again.

Oh man! That means rain for sure on Sunday now. LOL ;D

So far this season, I have found the closest to accurate I can find in way of forcasts is from this local site http://www.13wham.com/default.aspx . It looks like it will be a great weekend. Last weekend was wonderful. The little bit of rain on Sunday did a great job of cooling things down. It was great to have people waiting out the rain in the booth. Smiles never drooped, laughter never stopped. When it let up, everyone went on there way still smiling and laughing. I don't think the rain stopped the crowds at all. If anything it seemed to boost everyones spirits. Looking forward to seeing you all on the weekend!!
Brett aka Tazworth
Founder of Family of Faire

Dorian Mallory

It appears that Saturday, 08/01, is still supposed to be sunny, high 70's with no rain, and Sunday, 08/02, is low 80's with 30% chance of scattered T-storms, though that could change at any moment.  Last year when we went, we got caught in the torrential downpour and hail, which didn't really annoy me since it happened at the end of the day, though the brand new car getting tiny little dents from the hail was bothersome.    The wife and I are committed to going Saturday unless really poor weather hits- like what we went through last Saturday here in Rochester; the torrential downpour and flooding. Thankfully we didn't have to worry about the tornado.  If that occurs then we will go Sunday no matter what but either way we have decided to forgo the costuming this year.

duffy

do you live near corfu were the tornado hit? we live not far from there, just south of batavia. no costuming on highland fling weekend? i have a few extra kilts ;) i saw tazworth last sunday and yes it rained. i will be there again this sunday which is why it will rain.

Lady Rebecca

Ooh, I forgot it was highland weekend! I'm excited for the kilts. :)

Khaalis

QuoteLast weekend was wonderful. The little bit of rain on Sunday did a great job of cooling things down. It was great to have people waiting out the rain in the booth. Smiles never drooped, laughter never stopped. When it let up, everyone went on there way still smiling and laughing. I don't think the rain stopped the crowds at all. If anything it seemed to boost everyones spirits. Looking forward to seeing you all on the weekend!!
Not sure if you could see the show from up the hill, but just below you we had the joy of some faire lasses greatly enjoying dancing in the rain!  Definitely made waiting out the rain much more pleasant. :)
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Khaalis

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 28, 2009, 05:16:44 PM
Ooh, I forgot it was highland weekend! I'm excited for the kilts. :)

You'll definitely get your wish. You may wish to ask the Needle Fairy about a ladies "Kilt Kit".  ;)
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Dorian Mallory

We don't live near Corfu, we live in the city of Rochester in the Maplewood district, but it was still a little scary.  Especially since I had been painting my house all day and came inside for a break and saw every channel with live weather reports.

We've never been to the Highlands weekend, which is kind of interesting since I've been going there for so long and have never seen it, so it should be fun to see.  But it shall be sans costumes, even though it is calling for good weather.  The main goal this year is to pick up wedding gifts- probably the hand made swings down by the jousting arena- and find interesting things for the house.  Though I have been thinking about getting peasant/freeman gear.  Everyone goes as a lord/lady and it might be fun to go as a freeman/peasant character.  Oops, getting off topic again.

MMario

Dorian Mallory

Still calling for beautiful weather tomorrow, 80's and sunny,which is awesome since we are now committed to going no matter what happens now.  Sunday is going to be cooler, 70's, and cloudy but it seems the chance of rain/t-storms has gone up to about 50% later in the day.  I checked on this from weather.com using Sterling as the base.  It's close to what is happening weather wise all over Western NY.

Geez, getting all excited for tomorrow.  How are the grounds by the way?  Muddy, dry, damp in spots, etc...

Tazworth

The grounds arefine. Only wet spots are of course on the joust field. Can't wait till they move that field. I know the jousters will rejoice as well.
Brett aka Tazworth

Aaroncois

Lord Finger

Aaroncois

Well, the first time I get horse crap on my new boots while walking to my car, there's going to be trouble.

Lord Finger

lol - I think I remember hearing talk of building a theater-type area with real seating that would be large enough to contain a joust. The location would consume part of the current parking lot. I also heard talk of knocking the back hill down & creating some form of pirate village complete with a pirate ship in the water back there. Ambitious, I know. And pure conjecture as far as I'm concerned. So please don't go overboard on something I think I heard rumored might happen someday.

so much for talking about the weather... :P

Tazworth

There is an apple orchard behind the archery booth. You can see it from the Bankside stage. I believe this area is where Doug is planning on putting an arena seating type joust field. I believe I hear it was supposed to sit 5000 people. The current joust field would then be re-developed and at this point, yes, I believe thoughts are towards some sort of Pirate port village. Have you ever been in the Pirates of the Carribbean ride at Disney world? That is my vision of what should be there. Great place to put a stage specifically for wench auctions. This is all based on conversations with Sir Douglas himself last season.
Brett aka Tazworth