News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where's everybody staying opening weekend?

Started by Beaudan Tocks, August 11, 2009, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaudan Tocks

We just booked our two night (Friday & Saturday) stay at the Towne Place Suites Eden Prairie...   See you all for the opening Cannon shot and then on to the Mead booth by 10am
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

Muffin

MNRF campground....  ;D

I can't believe opening weekend is almost here!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lady_Lily

tcindie

Same as muffin and Lady Lily... in fact, Muffin & Bacardi have the spot right next to mine. :D

...and there's a freshly dug fire pit just on the other side of their spot. shall be grand times.

Muffin

Quote from: tcindie on August 11, 2009, 12:15:35 PM
Same as muffin and Lady Lily... in fact, Muffin & Bacardi have the spot right next to mine. :D

not to steer this off topic.. but did you manage to get your platform rebuilt last weekend? It looked like you guys had a major project going on there in the back and I wasn't in the campground the whole day to see where everyone got... Bacardi and I will be back out this weekend to finish up and set up the tent..  ;D
A Captains Wench

Ette

Random Girl

campground...no better place to be....if you're a speshul snoflayk and can stay down there.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

MissBubu

http://www.dolce-minneapolis-hotel.com/promotions/full_details_promotions.asp?sid=35

Oak Ridge runs a Renaissance special that includes admission to the faire, breakfast at the hotel (nummy buffet), drinks at the hotel bar, and transportation to and from the faire so you don't have to worry about your mead consumption (or parking). It's also really close to site.

tcindie

Quote from: Muffin on August 11, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
Quote from: tcindie on August 11, 2009, 12:15:35 PM

not to steer this off topic.. but did you manage to get your platform rebuilt last weekend? It looked like you guys had a major project going on there in the back and I wasn't in the campground the whole day to see where everyone got... Bacardi and I will be back out this weekend to finish up and set up the tent..  ;D
Well, rebuilt is a bit of an overstatement.. but I got it cut down some.  Instead of 15x15 it's more or less 10x12 now.  You're right though, the platform on the hill was a huge undertaking.  We cut it down to 10x12, totally rebuilt it from the ground up, put in a new floor, and skinned the sides and roof with tarps. It's the most solid that platform has ever been. :)  Another one just across from it got a new layer of flooring as well.

I'll be out there this weekend to help get our booth all set up and ready to go, probably be in the campground for a bit before noon, so I'll probably see you there.

Muffin

WOW!! That's a lot of work!!

We'll be on site for part of the day for the Ale Tenders meeting, and then in the campground for the afternoon/evening to finish up down there... I'm tempted to bring out my weed wacker and trim up some of that long grass.. I saw an incredibly scary spider when we were doing the frame!!! Ack!!  :o Big black and hairy!!!!!!!!!

We're also going to trim back some of the trees right behind our platform...

A Captains Wench

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

I'll be staying at my house in St Paul :) or possibly spending the night at my parents' in Chanhassen.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Beaudan Tocks

Quote from: harem_pants on August 11, 2009, 12:26:30 PM
campground...no better place to be....if you're a speshul snoflayk and can stay down there.

Is this a gated community?  ;)

Or do un-speshul snoflayk types get invited back after hours to continue the merriment?

Towne Place Suites also has the two tickets per night stayed deal but no shuttle service  ???

Muffin

Quote from: Beaudan Tocks on August 11, 2009, 01:16:01 PM
Quote from: harem_pants on August 11, 2009, 12:26:30 PM

Is this a gated community?  ;)

Or do un-speshul snoflayk types get invited back after hours to continue the merriment?

unfortunately (or fortunately in some cases!) this is a gated and patrolled community.... It's the participant campground.. One must have a pass to enter...  
A Captains Wench

Ette

Beaudan Tocks

Muffin

Ha! I don't make the rules... I just work here...  ;) must brush up on that line for the drunky's that can't understand WHY they can't have 18 beers for their buddies at the Joust.........  :P  :D
A Captains Wench

Ette

Tarac

Kevin has the Camper at the campsite for us (Just in case we get to tipsy to drive) Ill drop my keys off with you Nessa.
Scotch the only way to go