News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You will see a few new buildings this season

Started by Obadiah Jib, August 16, 2009, 10:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

I was out at the grounds this past weekend and noticed a few new structures.  Appears that Peterson has to put a little money back into the "old girl".  Now it might take a miracle to get the buildings finished it time for opening canon... :-\
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Will Gamwell

According to the people in the know, the festival has a yearly plan with the county to replace all the buildings that would otherwise be condemed.  What you see is just the start of what will be norm for the next few years.  The new structure up front will NOT be ready by opening day unfortunately. 

Slated for next year, Bad Manor.  Among others.

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Hope the new manor will be as quaint and atmospheric as the present one.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

groomporter

Quote from: Rafe on August 16, 2009, 11:50:16 PM
Slated for next year, Bad Manor.  Among others.

The entire Bad Manor? or just the kitchens behind it that supply the Feast?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Will Gamwell

The term that was used was "Bad Manor".  It was indicated that they would like to also make it bigger in order to make more room for customers of the feast (a lower ticket price will coincide) as well as for the performers in the feast.  There was nothing mentioned about the kitchen area.

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Rafe on August 16, 2009, 11:50:16 PM
The new structure up front will NOT be ready by opening day unfortunately. 

Gee, that's going to look great... :P
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

groomporter

Quote from: Rafe on August 17, 2009, 08:19:01 AM
There was nothing mentioned about the kitchen area.

I had heard the kitchen was on the block to bring it up to current code, but then the person I heard it from seemed a bit paranoid about the county shutting down the show altogether due to code problems in food booths.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 17, 2009, 08:19:30 AM

Gee, that's going to look great... :P

Oh yeah, plywood is so "period"!

Quote from: groomporter on August 17, 2009, 08:49:08 AM
I had heard the kitchen was on the block to bring it up to current code, but then the person I heard it from seemed a bit paranoid about the county shutting down the show altogether due to code problems in food booths.

That may very well be.  It was not mentioned due to the fact that the announcement was made to the entertainment cast.  Not many of them are concerned with the kitchen . . . some may not even be aware of it.  We who perform in the feast took it as the entire structure would be removed and rebuilt.

The yearly plan I mentioned previously was from the source of the site crew.  Festival has worked out a deal with the County to tear down and rebuild condemed (or on the verge of) areas in sections.  This section this year, that section next year . . . so on and so forth.  Other than Bad Manor, I have not heard any other specific buildings/structures details.  The Hall of Masters was mentioned as well, but not when it would be.

Rafe

Capt. Bacardi

What is wrong with plywood???

Open privy trenches.....

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

William_MacKean

The Area 600 booths will be replaced next year.  Possibly Area 700, too.

Lady_Lily

Just got back from the grounds...big plywood structure is still big and plywood. The inside is excessively impressive though...real light switches, real kitchens, real walls, real ventilation...what people eat may actually be sanitary! :-)

The booth by the front gate is looking good. the decorative stuff is going up nicely. The big holes pictured above still look the exact same...although the gas company was out putting in new tanks. they have a few more days to pull off getting all the patron areas fixed up...

lots of booths are looking good though!! a bunch of people were out sprucing up the CKC booths not being rebuilt and they were working on landscaping front gate

Marietta Graziella

I'm all for the new and improved buildings but that top picture *pointing 3 photos up* looks like the front of a wild west saloon, not individual, charming, small village shops.   ::)   I sure hope the facade helps- a lot.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

William_MacKean

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 18, 2009, 07:32:28 AM
I'm all for the new and improved buildings but that top picture *pointing 3 photos up* looks like the front of a wild west saloon, not individual, charming, small village shops.   ::)   I sure hope the facade helps- a lot.

The facade will help it look Disney, just like 500 and 800.

They may have finished it on time, if there weren't so many weddings requiring the workers to stop for the day.

Noble Dreg

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 18, 2009, 08:20:16 AM
The facade will help it look Disney, just like 500 and 800.

Forum guidlines will not allow me to express my true opinion of this.

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small