News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Road Construction?

Started by Celtic Lady, August 24, 2009, 08:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

I was wondering if there was any on I-75 heading north to the faire.... from about Square Lake Rd and up. Last year we had no clue to it (until we were upon it) as we came from Iowa. It was a terrible mess trying to get to the faire in time for the Feast.

sealion

I can't answer your question since I travel from a different direction but wanted to let you know that (as we went through a construction zone on I-96) I saw a sign that said to check www.michigan.gov/drive for construction info.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Celtic Lady

Thank you so much. I appreciate the info  :D.

Lims

69 east of flint had construction, but 75 south from flint was clear.  North of flint I have no idea.

Lord Pumpernickel

23 S was a complete mess from Hartland to Brighton took me an hour to travel 8 miles.

Poldugarian Warrior

23S and N are my favorite routes, since you don't have to go through Detroit and deal with all that traffic. It'll be bad if their working on that the whole fest season.Is that 23S North of Holly or South of Holly, because I only travel 23S when coming home from faire. Going I'm 23N. But, then again all this construction stuff happens on a weekly basis too so just keep checking the updates.

Lord Pumpernickel

it was 23 south of holly and it happened at like ten o'clock but didn't occur this past weekend when I left around 7:30ish.

Poldugarian Warrior

Okay, that's cool thanks for the info. I'll have no problem with that. Who needs to be driving real fast getting away from fest. I say take it easy get home safe, so that you can get a good rest and get back at faire the next day or weekend. Good luck to all of you on your journey's and godspeed.

Ladyfair

It seems that road construction is taking over again!!!  Those orange barrel faries are everywhere an in some places 4 lanes go down to one lane......so leave early if you want to be there by cannon
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Poldugarian Warrior

I noticed that too. Even going home now takes longer. Will it ever end?

Liraaf

I cannot wait until winter when all that road construction comes to a halt!    ;D

Poldugarian Warrior

Yeah, but that also means faire season is over, and it's gonna get cold again. I guess evrythin in life is a trade off.

shadowcat546

construction on north and southbound I-75, lane closures, switching lanes around, ugh.  ends about area where The Palace (concert hall) is /Bald Mountain (park).  worst around peak times (mon-fri commute times) and wknds.  just leave earlier.  watch for cops.  check construction updates.

safe travels.
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale