News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need some boots

Started by Realmwatcher, May 22, 2008, 11:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Realmwatcher

I need a good, long-lasting, pair of boots for a reasonable price.

Something that'll work for an adventurer, warrior, and even my Jedi Robes.

beeboy

Sons of Sandlar, SCA boots, or Catskill Mountains

those are basically the 3 best companies

Realmwatcher

Fantasticly fast response.
What are their websites?

beeboy

Sons of Sandlar - www.sandlarboots.com - pricey but will literally last you YEARS.   I know multiple people who have had theirs for upwards of 7 years with only resoling.  Sons of Sandlar has never had a single customer ask for their money back

SCA Boots - www.scaboots.com

Catskill Mountain - http://www.catskill-moc.com

a few other places are... www.renaissancemoccasins.com

there's also Ren Boots, but I definetly wouldn't recommend them

Realmwatcher

Ah, thank you very much.

beeboy

your welcome.  I would give you testimonies about SCA Boots and Catskill, but I don't know any off-hand and they don't do my home faire.  Sons of Sandlar does my home faire, hence my putting forth the testimonies

skrid the brown

Quote from: Realmwatcher on May 22, 2008, 11:57:27 AM
I need a good, long-lasting, pair of boots for a reasonable price.

Something that'll work for an adventurer, warrior, and even my Jedi Robes.

Ahhh yes, good luck with that.....actually my custom Will turners from Caboots are great...they look good but have only worn them once.  The calves do run a little small and I had to go with the Custom ones.

CaraGreenleaf

what is sandlar's myspace link?
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Cobaltblu

Depending on how much you might want to spent I would recommend Sodhoppers at www.sodhoppers.com

I bought a pair of sodhoppers and am very pleased with them.  If you want to check my pair out look on my photobucket album.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Toki Bloodaxe

You might want to try House of Andar shoes. They are less expensive and are made basically the same way as a lot of fair boots. They come in Brown and Black, as far as I know

Abigail Fairbottom

Hubby has been wearing House of Andar boots for going on his 5th straight season.  He says they're still very comfortable, and I can attest that they still look like new.

JeannieMac

I was thinking of getting new boots - and someone suggested http://www.medievalmoccasins.com/ to me ... anyone know anything about them - good or bad?

They are appealing to me b/c I have larger calves from sports so traditional boots are super (sometimes too) tight.

Thanks
Jean :)
from DE

CatAshtrophy

I have their shoes, not boots. They are comfortable, but I also add a shoe insert into it to make it a little more comfy. I have extremely sensitive feet and most kinds of shoes leave me blistered or bleeding. I get a little bit of blisters with these shoes, but I've yet to come across any shoes that don't have that happen to me at faire. They do leave me fewer blisters than many other shoes though. My mother has their shoes too (not boots), and does not have a blister problem at all. The one problem is that rocks can get inside the shoes through the slots, so occassionally I have to take off the shoe to dump out the rocks. But I still love them.

LadyStitch

My whole guild uses renboots. www.renboots.com  They are fairly reasonable  150-300 bucks, but can do custom if you need it.

If you want tall Celtic boots I'd say go medieval moccasins, or Renaissance moccasins.  They are the same shoe pattern (company split)  One does them in suede  the other leather.  I have a pair of shoes from one and sandels from another.  I love them! When I have a choice of wearing store bought sandals or these. I wear these.  Yes you do get tiny stones into your shoes occasionally but I love them.  When I first got them I wanted insoles, but the more I wore them the more I liked them without.  They make me feel like I am barefoot.  I wear them as my "sewing shoes".  I wear them while I sew so I don't' get pins in my feet. (been there done that DON'T want to do it again)

My 2 pence are Ren boots and the moccasins.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.